strike sugar challenge

Chris801

Cathlete
So I'm going to do Tosca Reno's 21 day strike sugar challenge
anyone else in?
It starts July 1st

Christie

Last edited:
Oh god yes I need to get rid of the sugar again - it's evil!!! I swear it's an addiction. Last fall I managed to stay off it for more than 2 months then thought it would be safe to have a dessert and it all went to crap after that!! Is this something you signed up for on her website or something? I'd be interested,
Jamie

Jamie
I know, me too!
I'm pretty good about eating clean, but I could certainly do better! I eat way too much fruit. oh and maybe a little chocolate too!:)
its on her face book page
she has the shopping list up and you can down load the challenge (I'm guessing menus)
on July 1st.
Christie

Christie, I saw this post just after I finished making a big batch of chocolate brownies! I think maybe the Universe is trying to tell me something? :p

I'll think about doing the challenge. Are you wanting to do a check-in? I just get a little leery of programs that totally cut out certain foods (even unhealthy foods with absolutely no nutritional value like white processed sugar) because I start to feel restricted and want to rebel!

Lisa
I don't entirely cut things out either.
I have teenage boys at home so for get that! They do enough complaining about the food that I make as it is:)

A check in would be fun and motivational

Christie

I have done a 21 day 'sugar detox' around March and have felt so much better that I kept it going. It was so tough in the beginning!! I feel sooo much better without sugar (and flour) in my system. But I'm not gonna lie to ya...I do cheat once and a while. Hey, I'm only human! ;) Good luck to you!

This is going to be hard but I really want to do it because I believe I will feel so much better. The reason I'm hesitating is that my husband and I have this routine on Sunday morning where we go to our favorite bagel place and I get a bagel with nuts, cranberries, etc. and light honey almond cream cheese that I would have to give up for this sugar challenge. It's interesting how food is involved in those "special times". I can replace the bagel with a whole wheat bagel and plain cream cheese - it would definitely be less sugar, right? I wonder how much sugar would be allowed to eat every day? I guess that information will be in Tosca Reno's ebook available tomorrow on her website. Thanks.

I'm In!

How ironic that I logged in today and saw this :D I've done several sugar detox/no sugar challenges over the years and it's truly amazing how much better I feel when I get rid of the nasty, refined sugar. I've been really bad lately consuming too much sugar so this is just what I need right now.

I looked at it on Tosca's FB page but it looks like you have to download the ebook? I couldn't find any other info other than that. So, I don't know how strict this specific plan is. I don't ever give up fruit but I focus more on refined sugar and things that have added sugar.

Thanks for sharing this Christie! Let's give sugar the boot! For anyone that needs a little extra motivation, check out "The Bitter Truth About Sugar" on You Tube. It's a long video, 1.5 hrs but worth the watch. It discusses what a true poison this stuff is :(

Tracy

Has anyone downloaded the e-book yet? This is the sticking point for me. I don't want to spend money on an e-book that is a rehash of Tosca's other books/plans.

Has anyone downloaded the e-book yet? This is the sticking point for me. I don't want to spend money on an e-book that is a rehash of Tosca's other books/plans.

That's me too Lisa, I have so many of Tosca's books I really don't need another one just repeating everything she's already said about sugar. If it has an actual plan to follow though, I may look into it. I'm hoping I can just find it on her site or FB page...headed out to the kid's swim meet now so I'll investigate a little more later.

I know, I have all her books too, for some reason I thought it was a free thing!
Oh well, but I did anyways, but I cant print it out! So that bugs!
I would rather have a paper copy, then one on my phone.
When I get home from work I'll look at it a bit closer
But I'm still excited to participate, need a little motivation to be back on track.
We moved and it just messed with my routine, so getting back on the wagon is just what I need

Christie

I decided to bring out my Eat-Clean Stripped book of Tosca's instead of buying the ebook on her site. I don't follow the meal plan as written as it was just too much cooking for me when I did try it so I'm just using the basic principles instead. Better chance i'll stick to it that way - and I leave it out on my coffee table as a constant reminder in case I get the urge to binge on sweets!:eek: Ok I made it through day 2 - gee only a few weeks to go - LOL!!
Good luck everyone
Jamie

I decided against the ebook too. I just don't think I need another Tosca book to "strike out sugar" :D So, I'll just do what I've done in the past...clean up my eats and NO refined sugar! I have a terrible sweet tooth, but as in the past once I get past those first few days it gets much easier. Good luck to everyone, we can do this!!!

I decided against the ebook too. I just don't think I need another Tosca book to "strike out sugar" :D So, I'll just do what I've done in the past...clean up my eats and NO refined sugar! I have a terrible sweet tooth, but as in the past once I get past those first few days it gets much easier. Good luck to everyone, we can do this!!!

Same here! I don't think I need to buy yet another book to tell me the same story about sugar, especially when I already know what I need to do. I do like some of Tosca's recipes, but I already have lots of those and all of the other many good recipes available for free on the Internet.

And speaking of recipes, I would love to get ideas from you ladies about your favorite no sugar snacks or meals. I tend to get in food ruts. How many cups of plain greek yogurt with berries and nuts can a girl eat, after all? :D

And speaking of recipes, I would love to get ideas from you ladies about your favorite no sugar snacks or meals. I tend to get in food ruts. How many cups of plain greek yogurt with berries and nuts can a girl eat, after all? :D[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm like you all I eat is greek yogurt with fruit and nuts!! It's my favorite evening snack that I just have to have LOL! I'm not very adventurous with my cooking but I do make an easy healthy chicken parmesan dish that's coated with a combination of greek yogurt mixed with garlic/ parmesan/ salt/ pepper -I use cutlets usually, and just coat/ cook and eat. Any more steps or ingredients and I won't even look at the recipe!::p Maybe I got the recipe off this forum???:eek:
Day 5 no sugar and feeling really good,
Jamie

Made it through the first week holiday weekend and all!
It wasn't has hard to follow as I was thinking
I actually feel good!
Christie

I would like to join your challenge if you wouldn't mind. I am getting back to Cathe workouts and came to the forums in search of a rotation and saw this thread. Is this the official check-in? Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.