stretching

gratefuldog

Cathlete
I read an interesting article in Oxygen magazine the other day. It was about the importance of stretching. It says that we need to make time for stretching like we do our workouts. I am sure I am not alone, that I stretch with the cool down portion of a workout, but I don't actually make stretching my "workout" of the day.

For those of you who do...Can you recommend one?

Thanks!
Carolyn

I try to get in extra stretching or yoga every day...

I either do yoga or extra stretching on the same day as my regular work out.

or

I do a full length yoga work out only and call it an active rest day.

In addition to my collection of yoga dvds which are too many to list, I also have STS Extended Stretch, the recovery work outs from Insanity, CLX etc. Sometimes I will even just do an end of work out stretch more then once or string a few together to make it a bit longer.The length of the stretch/yoga routine depends on how much time I have to spare or how much time I want to give it...HTH. :)

I have only recently started dedicating a day to stretching. On that day, I do a tabata only premix from CrossFire or To The Max so I am not stretching cold and then I do Yoga Relax. I find that one really stretches me out and relaxes me.

I neglect serious stretching, too. I do it, but not as frequently as I feel I should. However, I do try to do yoga on a recovery day 1-2 times a month. I do TurboFire's Stretch 40, ChaLean Extreme's Recharge, P90X's Stretch X or Bob Harpers Yoga for the Warrior. Since I have discovered Cathe, I got Stretch Max, Yoga Relax and Yoga Max, and I have been doing even more stretching. Stretch Max in particular makes it easy to tack 20 minutes of stretching to end of a workout. I also like to add Stretch Max or one of the Yoga Relax/Max 30 minute premixs on to the end of one of Cathe's 30 minute HIIT workouts.

I guess my point is, I am trying to fit it in anyway I can. Once or twice a month I will do a long flexability/yoga routine. I'd like to say I do one of the shorter ones every week, but in truth, I do one every other week. I'm just grateful Cathe has longer cool down stretches than other trainers. I feel like I am getting some good stretching in from her workouts.

I try to do a longer stretch about once a week. I have several DVDs, but the StretchMax routines are still my favorite.

I am also a fan of the stretch max dvd. I love the one with the stretchy band. You might like Shiva Rea. Her yoga sessions are spirit centered and most of the DVDs are programmable using the 'matrix'. Basically you select which sections you want with your remote. You can make it short or long, intense or more relaxed.

Stretching - Slide and glide

I too would like to allocate an hour stretching per week.
I do not skip the short session at the end of each cathe's workout.

My favourite is the slide and glide one...it can put me to sleep.
Cathe Stretch Max, Yoga relax are very good.
Love it :):):)

Last edited:
Hello.. I workout 5 or 6 days a week depending on my body. But ir I do 5 days the two days off I hsve one for hour streatch like yoga max, and when I feel like 6 days I still do an hour but I do it on my rest day. It isn't a hard yoga it is like Cathe yoga relax , or I choose a 30 minute routine for a young man name Tamal Dodge. Its very relaxing I do it before bedtime.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.