Storing bands

cam64

Cathlete
Probably a silly question. I have a lot of bands. Fabric loop, tubing, stretching, body bands. How do you store them so they aren't in a big pile and easy to grab? I was thinking of putting up wall hooks in my workout room for light, medium and heavy. Not real attractive, but it's pretty much my room. Currently, I have them in a couple containers, but I want to be able to grab what I need quickly. Our dear Cathe moves quick. Any suggestions?

I use wall hooks. I have 7 of them on different walls in my workout room. Just make sure that no sunlight hits them or else it will damage them, made that mistake ones. I also have my stability balls hanging in the top corners of my room to get them off the floor and away from sunlight, I used old cargo netting from my SUV that I never used. I have very little things on my floor because of doing it this way.

Good point about the sunlight. My royal blue tubing turned pale blue within a couple weeks and one of my fabric loop bands faded too. I have a good size closet, so i could do something with that and just keep it open when I workout. Thanks for helping me solve this little problem Firemedic!

I should have mentioned before, my hooks are 3 prong hooks. So I put all my firewalker bands on the same hook in the wall, but they each have their own hook instead of being on top of each other. Same for my tubings and long bands. I hope that made sense. I have my own set of the fabric loops and bands. The long bands hang fine but the loops are very wide and not very flexible like latex so I haven't figured out what to do with those yet. I just may have to do one hook for each and not a 3 prong hook.

Well, I cleaned up a long shelf in my workout room closet this morning. I organized by band and tension. I think it will work out fine. It's much better than having them in piles in a bin on the floor.

I put hooks on the back of the door of the closet in my workout room. This way they are hung up but out of the sunlight and out of sight when using the room for other purposes.

I actually made a custom "bucket system" that goes on my Dumbbell tower (the tower Cathe uses in STS). I have 6 buckets that go up and down the tower. (I am guessing they are 6" x 6" x 6") I use them for loops, bands, gloves. Then I made a custom hook that goes on the back of the tower for my tubing to drape over.

But I would think maybe a small tiered counter-top fruit/veggie holder would work? I used to have a small (3 tiered) and large (5 tiered) produce holder. (the thing you usually put bananas, apples, oranges in). They make counter-top ones and floor stand ones.

For the tubing, I used to use a tie rack.

Mine are draped over the Fit Tower, unless I'm using the Fit Tower. Then they rest on the step. I don't have much space. The new fabric bands may bump older bands off the tower.

I should have mentioned before, my hooks are 3 prong hooks. So I put all my firewalker bands on the same hook in the wall, but they each have their own hook instead of being on top of each other. Same for my tubings and long bands. I hope that made sense. I have my own set of the fabric loops and bands. The long bands hang fine but the loops are very wide and not very flexible like latex so I haven't figured out what to do with those yet. I just may have to do one hook for each and not a 3 prong hook.
Hi there, Where can you buy such hooks?

Hi there, Where can you buy such hooks?
Home Depot. But since Lowes has most of the same stuff, I'm sure you can find it there if you don't have a Home Depot near you. This is the one I have, it comes in different colors.

But here is there page with different hooks in case you want something else.

Best of luck

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.