Stephanie won!

mizlaur123

Cathlete
Thank god Stephanie won Top Chef last night! When the judges were discussing each chefs' dishes they were sayin alot of good things about Lisa and I was getting super nervous! But it all turned out good! YAY Stephanie!

Yeah, the judges say they based it on that one meal, but I have a feeling that, when the cameras weren't on them, they were saying things like, "There's no way we can let this loser take the whole prize!" Sounds like when Lisa was on her game, she could make some amazing food; but when she wasn't, it really sucked.

I've been to restaurants with chefs that are inconsistent like that. Almost manic. I'd have some of the best meals I've ever had on one visit, and the worst at others. After a few times, you don't go back...who wants to take a gamble when you're looking forward to a nice night out AND spending that kind of money?

Anyway, I'm glad Stephanie won, too. Poor Richard lost all confidence, it seemed.

Good for Stephanie!:) She had the most consistently good dishes, and had the best personality..humble and sweet. I loved Richard too, so I m glad he at least walked away with some fame and a brand new car.

I'm glad Stephanie won, but I feel bad for Richard. I really liked him too. I am just SO glad Lisa didn't get it. I think the judges debated it a LONG time. Did you hear Ted Allen say something about it being close to morning when they came to their decision? I think that they HAD to base it somewhat on the whole show and not just the one meal because otherwise Lisa would be left with the prize and potentially starting her own restaurant. We can all imagine how good of a leader she would be (YIKES).

I'm glad Stephanie won also. Besides the fact that she's an amazing chef.... she just seems so nice!

Yay Stephanie! I wouldn't feel bad for Richard. Making it that far on Top Chef is QUITE an accomplishment, and he is now forever famous.

If I were the judges, I would have assigned less weight to the desserts. A great restaurant chef doesn't make her own desserts. It's a specialty done exclusively by pastry chefs these days. As a result, Stephanie would have been a shoe-in if I were judging. But you've got to give Lisa the credit she deserves. She really gave it her all. I'm tempted to take a look at her soup recipe on the Top Chef website.

I agree, Nancy. Even in smaller restaurants where I've worked, chefs/cooks didn't do the desserts. They would get them from bakers (one of the waitresses made cheesecakes for one of the places I worked.) I did work with a cook who made ice cream, though.

But why, oh why, did Stephanie choose a cake? Definitely one of the harder things to make, especially without a recipe. She'd have been better doing an ice cream, a tart, a pudding, etc.

But it was a good show. Not quite as "exciting" as some of the previous finales, but they did try to scare the be-jeezus out of us with Lisa.

I AM going to look up that soup!!!

I just have to add that one thing I really admire about Stephanie is her ability to stay calm, cool and collected under extraordinary pressure. I wish they could bottle that and sell it! And such a pleasant personality. She is living proof that "confidence" doesn't have to mean arrogance.

Hey Guys, for future reference, can people not put spoilers in the heading? I just put Top Chef on after DVRing it last night, and booted up the Cathe page while watching, and this is the first thread I saw. No big deal in the scope of things, but just thought I'd mention it. Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.