Step Works! Wow!

Soosan

Cathlete
I've had this workout for a year and a half and finally did it this morning. (I tend to favor Cathe's newer DVD's.) This is a real gem of a workout! The choreography is complex, intense, and she doesn't do too much breaking down like in some of her other earlier step workouts. The fast pace reminded me of Body Max, but the choreography was much more complex and fun. If you don't have this workout, get it! (It's on the Cardio Hits DVD.)

I really like Step Works as well. It's like a hidden Cathe gem. For me, I rank it right behind Rhythmic Step for fun factor and great choreography.

Oh,this sounds interesting! May I ask if this can still be brought anywhere? TIA

Nevermind I just found it on the site!!! Thanks again!!
Tishee

Hi Susan,
I have had the cardio hits dvd for quite a while, but have only tried power max, I might give that one a try tomorrow. I guess I haven't tried it yet because I have so many dvd's and not enough hours in a day!!. I will try it tomorrow, it sounds great.

Have a good day.

Debbie:) :) :7

I just got finished checking out the video clip of Step Works and I love it! I thought I had seen all the clips already but for some reason, this one escaped me. It looks great and some of the steps look really fun. This will be the next tape I order. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Madonna

p.s. Can't preorder the Hardcore series because all I have is VHS. Whaaaaaaaahhh!

Madonna:

With DVD players so cheap, don't exclude yourself from the Hardcore Series. Believe me, Cathe's DVD's are better than her tapes and I have a couple of them. Buy the Hardcore now and DVD later, the players are too cheap not to get one. Gee, Best Buy has some for as low as 39 bucks!!!

Step Works is a great workout. It was the second cardio tape I did of Cathe's, and it is what made me come back for more. I had finally found a video instructor with choreography and intensity like my favorite instructor at the gym. I think it is definitely her best choreography of her older tapes. Rhythmic Step and Step Blast are more complex, but not quite as intense.
I agree that anyone who doesn't have this tape/DVD and likes RS and/or Step Blast should get it!

:)

Ha ha! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this workout so much, Susan. It was my first Cathe step tape, purchased 8 years ago, and remains part of my rotation. However, after all this time, I still glare at Cathe at the end of the second section when she says "That's all there is", and then adds 4 rounds of abducter jumps and knee-lifts!

Cheers,
Sandra

I've owned this workout for 2 years and never even looked at it! Shame on me! I love complex choreo, so I'll have to fit it into my rotation next week.

I just did this one for the first time yesterday, (two out the three step sections anyway) and it was fun! A plus for me was that the workout wear wasn't dated - I always have to turn a blind eye to the thong-over-shorts-look in many of Cathe's older step workouts. And Cathe looks so cute in short hair - no headband!

Diane

I just did this yesterday. And wow, I really nailed down the choreography perfectly.

Cardio Hits was my first ever introduction to Cathe. I foolishly did Step Works for my first Cathe workout. Whoaaa, I was defeated both choreographically and physically. I couldn't even finish the first step section. I learned my lesson and started doing other workouts like Step Fit, Power Max, SJP etc. That was months ago.

Then yesterday, I decided to challenge myself with Step Works and wowwww, since I've learned a lot of Cathe's moves, I could just do them because she cues so well. And no gasping for air throughout the whole workout either :D

Hi Faie,

I love step works too. It really helped me when I did some of her older steps before I started on step blast, rythmic step and all step and sp&j. I love her step tapes they give me a great work out. ENJOY YOURSELF, HAVE A NICE EVENING

Deb:) :D :7 :+

Thanks for the reminder!! I still have Cardio Hits in it's shrink wrap. I used to have a couple of the workouts on VHS, but traded them when I bought the DVD. I believe it's time to open that DVD!

After reading all the posts on this thread yesterday, I took out Cardio Hits and did Step Works. Thanks for the reminder. Such a great workout. Sweat was flying everywhere! I loved the intensity blasts (which weren't too hard on the knees) between step segments.

Pinky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.