Step Works Killed The Inside of My Knees (

danah

Hi Everyone -

I got my Cardo Hits about a week or so ago and the first workout that I did was Step Works. I noticed during the workout that the tendon that runs up and down along the inside of both knees was feeling discomfort, so I was trying to favor my movement to not strain them too much. By the time I was done, both knees were sore enough that I was a little nervous...wondering if I hurt them. This soreness lasted 7-10 days. I didn't exercise during that time. Has this happened to anyone else? I have done IMAX2 and Basic Step many times and never felt this. Am I doing something wrong...do I need to strengthen something...or just stay away from Step Works?

Thanks for the feedback!!

D

I just recently had problems with the inside area of one knee. I thought I had a meniscus tear and went to the sports med doctor and had X-rays and an MRI done. No tear was found, but the X-rays did show the beginning of arthritis and also degeneration of the meniscus. I'm a runner and my doctor recommended cutting back on running and cross-training more (cycling and/or swimming). He also put me on prescription NSAIDs, glucosamine and recommended icing my knee daily. The NSAIDs made a huge difference.

Maybe Step Works has too much pivoting for you? I think that I injured my knee doing a workout (not Cathe) where I turned my knee at a weird angle.

Take care.

Erica

Erica -

Thank for the feedback. Based on your doctor telling you to cut back, I think I'm going to just stay away from Step Works.

Thanks Again,

D

Hi Danah,

Depending on what exactly is the source of the soreness, there may be strengthening and stretching exercises that could help with this. Your doctor or a physical therapist could determine specifically what to do.

I'm currently doing some physical therapy related to a knee sprain I had back in February. I was also getting soreness and discomfort on the inside of my left knee. My PT determined that it was patella femoral pain syndrome (basically, my patella wasn't tracking the way it should) and gave me a bunch of exercises primarily to strengthen my vmo (inner thigh/knee) and hamstring, and stretch the muscles and tendons on the outside of the knee. She also gave me a bunch of other supporting exercises to do as well.

I believe that the therapy recommended is specific to the individual, so you might want to have medical professional check it out.

HTH :)

Gayle -

Thanks so much for the feedback! I suppose you are right...it would be good to see a PT or doctor...especially since the therapy is specific to the individual.

Thank you again! Is so nice to have the support of this group!

D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.