Step Jam, Step Heat, Step Max??

RWattier

Cathlete
Does anyone still use these or are they not favored anymore?? My friend does step with me sometimes and does not pick up on step very well, but I thought maybe one of the older ones might provide a high intensity workout that is easier to follow than say Imax 2.......or would these be worth adding to my collection??

Hi Reba,

I have and still use all of these workouts. They are all nice steady-state cardio. The choreography in them is more straightforward than her more recent workouts, but they still get the heart rate up and give you a good workout. My favourite is Step Jam. I think they're all great workouts for someone who has trouble picking up on step. Step Heat probably has the most simplest choreography.

Happy stepping!
Sandra

I have all 3 and use them also. I love them all and can never decide which all-step workout to do! LOL My favorite of them all is the one with the Flying Angels in it...I just never remember what it's called. LOL

I say add them to the collection!

Gayle

Hello, Jo!

I really like the music in Step Jam. When Cathe does the step ups to the "hillbilly music", I do run ups and my heartrate stays up there. I really like the 3rd step combo in this one. I usually do the Step Heat abs afterwards - that way I don't have to change discs.

Thanks for asking this question!! I'm glad I read this board before I posted my question- this was it! LOL Great minds think alot, eh? ;)

I think it's really neat that you're doing Cathe workouts with a friend and helping her find workouts that are a good fit for her. :)

Connie :D

Flying angels are from Step Fit. I like them too but I hate those #$%^& power scissors in the first section.

I really like Step Heat too b/c of the length. It's maybe 10 minutes shorter than most of Cathe's videos, so it's still long enough to get a really good workout but good to do before work in the mornings. Also the choreography is fun & different.

I'm gonna beg to differ here.

If you are used to doing Cathe cardio, like Step Blast, Powermax and the Imaxes, you will be bored and singularly unchallenged by the three videos you mention.

I found Step Jam to be, quite frankly, awful, dated and embarrasssing. Hated the music, the moves and awful arm gestures. Sold it off immediately.

I kept Step Heat but I do it less than once per year, using it only as a come back tape for times when I have not done cardio for several months and Step Blast would kill me.

I do not believe in owning Cathe workouts for either nostalgia's sake or for the sake of "owning them all." There's no point and it wastes precious money best saved for her next pre-sale.

With respect to your friend, perhaps the new beginner's/intermediate Step workout with added weight training would suit her best and allow her to work on choreography as she improves her fitness. After those, I would take her straight to the Cardio Hits, Step Fit, Powermax and Step Works, in that order to allow for increasing complexity and cardiovascular challenge.

Clare

I still do them. Using an 8" step I burn near as many calories as I do with any of the newer ones, including the IMAXes. I still favor the newer workouts but come back to these every now and again for a good steady state cardio. In fact, I just did Step Jam last week, hillbilly music and all! I listen for cues rather than watch the screen so the funky clothing doesn't bother me either.

Decisions, decisions ,.........I have MIC/RS/Imax and Imax Two. The problem is that I have two wonderful sister-in-laws that love to workout, but are not catching on to the step stuff in Cathe's workouts. One is pretty close..........anyways, I want to be able to workout with them and yet not have them get overly frustrated, so I think I might bid on ebay for the old VHS's . . . That way I can use them and let them take them home to do as well. I agree that I have a super long list for things I want for me.............of course :)

Wish List

SJP and SJ
Supersets and Push and Pull
Imax 3
Low Max
Muscle Max well pretty much all the Hardcores!

and I still want the CTX series!!! Good Lord - I need to win the lottery!

I have all three, and do them still. My daughter and I do step together and we'll do one of these about once every two weeks or so actually. We're step junkies and love Cathe.

I think you should try it for yourself too.

Edith

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.