step equip question

staci

Hello,

I just pre ordered the beginner step video and am very excited. I've previously been doing Beach Body videos and am ready for something new. From reading everything in this forum, I think I'm in for a great workout!

Now, I need to equip myself. With that in mind, I have a question about the Original Step I was hoping someone could answer. The product page on this website shows the size Cathe uses as 44x16x14. The Step Company's link also shows this size and sells it for $89. FWOnline shows it as 43X15 and sells for $69. Fitness1st shows it as 43x14 and sells for $69. Walmart shows it as 40x14 and sells it for $57.

Are there really this many different sizes? Does it matter which one I get?

Thanks!
Staci

Hi Staci,

I saw the exact step used in the beginner DVD #1 at Walmart for $24.99. I have the full size 44" step, but if you would like to get started with the smaller step this price is unbelievable! In the future, if you enjoy step you will want to invest in the full size step, at least I think you will as it doubles as a weight bench as well. I noticed the $24.99 step at Walmart also includes Cathe's CTX All Step Video too....I almost bought it only because the deal is outta this world lol!

~kandy~

I found the original & small version of the step on-line at Walmart.com. My local Walmart didn't carry these in stock. The small one is $23.44 & the original is $57.84. Don't know what shipping might be. You can check out the dimensions to compare the sizes. The original comes with 4 risers for a total of 3 possible heights & the smaller one with just 2 risers for two heights. If you go with the smaller one first, then later get the original, you won't be able to use the risers from the small one because of the difference in dimensions, so that may be a factor in your decision.

Thanks! I actually have the small one already and figured it was too small for Cathe's vidoes. I also think it's flimsy, but maybe I can still get started with it. I didn't realize it was the same size used in the video.

I do eventually want to get a larger one though and so was wondering about the different dimensions listed on those other websites. Does anyone know if one or the other is better? The Walmart one actually shows it as 3 inches smaller I think and the Fitness1st is one or two inches smaller.

Any recommendations?

Thanks so much for the advice.

Staci

Hi Staci! If you are planning on doing more step aerobics in your future, I encourage you to get the full sized original health club step. I do just about all of my workouts on this step and it provides excellent stability, excellent shock absorbancy, and provides a nice sized platform for the selected choreography. Happy stepping!

I believe that the Original Health club step shown at Walmart, Fitness 1st and The STEP company are all the same size. I got mine from Walmart because it was the least expensive. I wonder if the difference is in where they take the measurements of the platform. There are beveled edges surrounding the stepping surface. I could believe that from edge to edge it is 4 inches longer than from edge to edge of the actual black rubber stepping surface.

See the link below.

http://www.escaladesports.com/the-step-fitness/index.html#

Thanks! That's what I wanted to know. I thought maybe they were all the same step as well but thought it weird they all measured differently.

I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond to my question and so quickly! There are obviously a lot of caring people on this site, and I'm glad I'm getting started on Cathe workouts.

Thanks again.
Staci

One other thing...I purchased the original health club step ("the step") and if you think later on you may want the high-step Cathe uses in some of her workouts, the risers from the original step fit the high-step because it's made by the same company. I also have the high-step and now have a total of 8 risers I can use with either. Not that I can use them all at once...yet!

I had the shorter step at one time, but sold it at a garage sale. The problem is that I felt sort of squished on it. Also, the longer step you can lay down on for bench work, and you could never do that on the shorter step.

>Also, the longer step you can lay down on for bench work, and
>you could never do that on the shorter step.
:) Excellent point!

I had a perfectly good Reebok step but it is just not as versitile as the original step bench. I got myself some extras risers too which expands its effectiveness even more.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.