step and abs

margweeks

Dear Cathe,
I have never done one of your videos but since you have rave reviews on video forum I thought I'd check your videos out. I'm relatively new to exercising at home as I've always been motivated by intructors in a club setting. Would like an intermediate step workout combined with floor work to strengthen abs and back like you would get if you were going to an exercise class at the gym. Have been doing step off and on for 8+ years but like to keep on one riser to avoid injury and still get good workout. Don't like a lot of extra props (bands,bars,weights etc.) if don't need them. Like warm up and cool down and fun music. Would like 1-1 1/2hr tape or combo of 2 tapes.
Any suggestions for starters?
Thanks, Margaret

Or StepHeat if she wants an intermediate level one with abs. Since Cathe's niche is advanced home exercise tapes, it is hard to choose an "intermediate" one. I agree BodyMax fits the bill for a single tape, but she may need to do it on 4" at first.

thanks for the suggestions. have been doing some dance type step stuff with Petra Kohlber and some Jay Blahnik and Kari Anderson tapes which have been good. Would like to get a good cardio workout and then have some abs/ back toning at the end. Does this help? Have you tried Cathe's new rhythmic step tape? Is this too advanced? Thanks for all your help.
Margaret

Rhythmic Step is hecka fun, but no abs on it. Cathe has just come out with an all-abs DVD you know. Like any workout, just preview twice if it looks hard. If you learned to drive you can learn Cathe! It's just a matter of time! But I promise that once you learn one, learning the second and third is so much quicker. Enjoy!
-Connie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.