Steamed Lobster....

*~Jessica~*

Cathlete
I was so intrigued when I saw an advertisement on steamers with a pic of lobster tails being used in one of them, so I purchased one from amazon. I got the Hamilton Beach 2 tier steamer. I was a bit disappointed with the recipe/manual book it came with because it really doesnt give any detailed instructions with their lobster recipe ....just how long to cook it!:(

Has anyone ever used this method to cook Lobster tails and if so, do you have any recommendations? I asked the butcher if I had to thaw them out b4 placing them in the steamer and she said no, but I am getting conflicting info on the internet. SO, I am turning to you PRO cookers here to give me some advice b4 I try this scary task, haha!
TIA ;)

I'm going to say that I would thaw first then steam.

My reasoning, the outside meat would be cooking much longer than the inside. The outside meat would become tough by the time the steam cooked the inside.

I'm going to say that I would thaw first then steam.

My reasoning, the outside meat would be cooking much longer than the inside. The outside meat would become tough by the time the steam cooked the inside.

Thank You Atiman!! That makes total sense!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.