Starting with RWH Rotation

MomInVT

Cathlete
When I snuck downstairs this morning, Cathe Claus had eaten the paleos cookie and drunk the almond milk, and I queued up LIHI Legs On Demand. Wow! Loved this workout. When I initially looked at the rotation, I thought, man, those workouts are short! But having completed the workout, I LOVE how I feel. Totally worked (cardio and strength both), but energized, not obliterated. So I'll try to stick with the Starting RWH rotation this month and maybe add on some yoga/stretching/Body Fit 360. I may add 6th day of steady state cardio or that week's Live workout (I'm hooked on those). I can certainly use the extra time freed up from shorter workouts.
Curious to hear others' experiences!
Happy Squatting,
Roz

I don't know which one I'll try first. Do you follow it exactly or can you change around certain days for certain workouts? Also, why 2 days off? I guess I'll find that one out when I start a rotation tomorrow.

I've just finished Legs - I may have to sleep downstairs tonight - not sure I can climb stairs any time soon.

Loved the pace of the workout - slower pace than I expected, which was good, as I could get deep into the moves (well, at first I could!)
100% agree about the pace. I stuck with Cathe's weights (except plie squats -- I like to go really heavy on those) and really focused on range of motion. Such a good feeling!

I understand about the stairs. I may just set up a sleeping bag next to the fridge, as I'm rapidly after-burning through its contents!

I don't know which one I'll try first. Do you follow it exactly or can you change around certain days for certain workouts? Also, why 2 days off? I guess I'll find that one out when I start a rotation tomorrow.
I imagine you can shuffle days around using the same rules you'd use to shuffle around any rotation.

I'm guessing the all-RWH rotations are 5 days/week because high intensity = greater recovery time needed? And maybe the thought is that if you want to add a 6th day, you should do a non-HiiT activity. The rotations that combine RWH with STS, XTrain, and LIS are 6 days/week.

I imagine you can shuffle days around using the same rules you'd use to shuffle around any rotation.

I'm guessing the all-RWH rotations are 5 days/week because high intensity = greater recovery time needed? And maybe the thought is that if you want to add a 6th day, you should do a non-HiiT activity. The rotations that combine RWH with STS, XTrain, and LIS are 6 days/week.
Thanks. I saw that with the other rotations now that I've been looking at them more closely. Every time I think I know which one to start with, I think "but this one sounds so good too". I guess I'll be busy for the next few months doing all the different rotations!! I love what I've seen so far.

I did the leg workout first, too, and really liked it. I tweaked the rotation with xtrain and came up with this because I run and do hot yoga. I also don't need to do quite as much lifting as some of the rotations have.
Dec 7 - 13
Run
Hard strikes
Rwh circ upper
Off
Xtrain legs
To the max
85 min run

14 - 15
Rwh lo imp HIIT 1 and abs; short pm run
Xtrain bis, tris
Rwh circuit lower body
Off
Xtrain c, b, s
Rwh plyo HIIT 1 and abs
90 min run, 90 min hot yoga

21 - 27
Crossfire
Xtrain cardio leg blast
Rwh lo imp HIIT 1 and abs
Off
Supercuts & short pm run
Rwh lo imp 2 and abs
95 min run

28 - 3
Hot yoga
Tabata (I might not get thru the whole thing and will tack on any remaining to another cardio - if any)
Rwh lift b, b, s and abs
Off
Xtrain all out lo imp HIIT and short pm run
Rwh lift c, t, s and abs
100 min run

I just had a quick look at the different rotations. Cathe never ceases to amaze me! All the different choices are wonderful -- one could do RwH for a very long time with a nice variety. I see one tailor-made just for me! LWH +LIS Yippee!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.