Starting STS

Rosanna

Hi Everyone, Does anyone know of an STS rotation with cardio that is more current than the one Cathe posted in 2009? Thanks.

There is one in the Workout Manager under Popular Rotations (4th one down) entitled:
31/2 Month STS + Newer Cardio. I put this together in 2017 so it is more recent than the one Cathe posted in '09. Here is what is in the general description:

This rotation gives you all 36 STS workouts in sequence so you cover all 3 mesocycles and build awesome muscular endurance, definition and strength. You will do the STS workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I put in an active recovery week between each mesocycle. You will also build great cardio fitness, endurance and fat burning through 3 cardio workouts/week. The cardio workouts are programs Cathe has produced since STS (2011-2017). Low impact hiit training is on Tuesdays, steady state cardio on Thursdays and high impact hiit training is scheduled each Saturday. Steady state cardio rotates between kickboxing, spin and step workouts. Core/ab training is fit in twice per week on your cardio days. Cardio workouts have been carefully selected so that they do not negatively impact building muscle. Sundays are for yoga/stretching or a day of well-earned rest.

If you like this structure but want to use something more recent than 2017, you can always switch out the low impact hiit workout I selected for a different one on any given Tuesday, a different steady state workout on Thursdays, or a newer high impact hiit workout of your choice on Saturdays. Similarly you can change up the core or yoga/stretching programs when they come up on the rotation if you want to use more recent programs or you don't like the one I have selected. Hope this helps. Good luck with STS! It is so amazing!

There is one in the Workout Manager under Popular Rotations (4th one down) entitled:
31/2 Month STS + Newer Cardio. I put this together in 2017 so it is more recent than the one Cathe posted in '09. Here is what is in the general description:

This rotation gives you all 36 STS workouts in sequence so you cover all 3 mesocycles and build awesome muscular endurance, definition and strength. You will do the STS workouts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I put in an active recovery week between each mesocycle. You will also build great cardio fitness, endurance and fat burning through 3 cardio workouts/week. The cardio workouts are programs Cathe has produced since STS (2011-2017). Low impact hiit training is on Tuesdays, steady state cardio on Thursdays and high impact hiit training is scheduled each Saturday. Steady state cardio rotates between kickboxing, spin and step workouts. Core/ab training is fit in twice per week on your cardio days. Cardio workouts have been carefully selected so that they do not negatively impact building muscle. Sundays are for yoga/stretching or a day of well-earned rest.

If you like this structure but want to use something more recent than 2017, you can always switch out the low impact hiit workout I selected for a different one on any given Tuesday, a different steady state workout on Thursdays, or a newer high impact hiit workout of your choice on Saturdays. Similarly you can change up the core or yoga/stretching programs when they come up on the rotation if you want to use more recent programs or you don't like the one I have selected. Hope this helps. Good luck with STS! It is so amazing!
Hi Jane, you seem to be very knowledgeable about this stuff. LOL, can you tell me how to delete a rotation from the calendar? I know it sounds dumb, but I can't find anywhere to delete. I tried just adding a different rotation, but it put it along with the first one I had up. thanks

Hi there Nana2four. I don't actually know how to delete a rotation but I did a search in the forums and this question was asked previously. Here is a link to one member's answer to that question... good luck!
https://cathe.com/forum/threads/clear-workout-rotation-from-calendar.311027/#post-2456823
well, I did try that and it only let me delete one workout at a time, not the whole rotation. I put 6 month STS rotation, so, it would take a long time to delete individually. hmm, well, will keep trying. thanks

Nana2four, (you may need to play a bit, but ...)...go to the first workout of the rotation & click on it, then click on " edit", then click rotation, then "delete" ....this is from memory so you may need to click around a bit, but it's pretty simple & straightforward once you see the options. HTH ...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.