Starting equipment OK?

audogs

Dumbbells: 5, 7 and 10 pound pairs
Ankle weights: Max 5 pounds per ankle
Resistance bands: Set of 3
Step: Reebok, with 2 pairs of 2 risers

I don't know when later this week I can get out shopping, and I don't want to delay starting.

Julie~Spokane

Have you done your one rep max's yet? If not you will need to get them done before you start. Get started with what you have and get the rest of the equip when you can.

The weights are an individual thing, but you may need some heavier ones, but go ahead and start and figure it out from your first workout. Just remember, you need to be very challenged on each set, so you should be struggling at the end of each set.

The other poster mentioned doing some 1 rep max tests, that would be a good idea to get a feel for how heavy you need to go.

The only other thing I can think you will really need is a burst resistant stability ball. You can get one in any sporting goods shop, I'm 5'4 and found the 55cm ball to be the most comfortable, the 65cm is a bit too large. I have both.

Oh yeah, for pullups, do you have a pullup bar or are you planning on doing an alternate exercise? You can use heavy tubing with an over the door attachment for these. If you choose this option, get the strongest tube resistance. Cathe's regular tubes, all come with the over the door attachment, the adjustable tubing (looks like 3 bands connected) does not. I have the red and blue ones.

Dela: Thanks for the tip on the ball size. I forgot to mention that I did buy one, a 65cm size. I'm 5'4" also, so now I know that if its akward I should try a smaller size.

I bought a pair of 20 lb. dumbells and a set of resistance tubes. I'll have to jury rig something for the door, thanks for that tip too.

Julie~Spokane

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.