Started CTX!

Leela

Cathlete
You may all remember my posting a sort of fearful post about doing CTX. I used to be in really good shape, but after the pregnancy, the baby and then the slump .. well..

Anyway , i'm pleased to say that i'm up to the CTX challenge (so far) . I've done 10-10-10, Step Intervals and Kickbox and have enjoyed all 3 immensely. I look forward to the rest of the series over the next few days. I have committed to doing the six pack every week for 8 weeks as a rotation. Then i'll perhaps try something else for a few weeks (a different Cathe rotation with all my other Cathe tapes?)

Anyway - wanted to share! Thanks Cathe!

Leela

:-jumpy :-jumpy WAY TO GO LEELA!!! Keep up the good work and most importantly, keep having fun with your workouts! :-jumpy
:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpy

Hi Leela! Good for you. You sound happy and motivated. Have fun with your rotation and remember to always use modifications if/when you feel the need to. Happy hopping :-jumpy!

Help me, Help me!!
For I have also just started the CTX and I tried volume 4 lastnight and I could not do the step routine. I would end up watching the TV trying to figure out what I should be doing. I would always end up on the wrong end of the bench using the wrong foot and facing the wrong way. It is so very frustrating. I was doing really well to. I could manage the choreography in vol 1, 2, and 3 (and was quite proud that I could) now I feel like a clutz.
I will try vol 4 again tonight, any and all tips would be apreciated.
Thanks

Hi! Hang in there! Don't give up. Sometimes the best thing to do(if you can) is to watch and try a tricky video move during non-workout times(ex: while folding laundry). That way you won't be so frustrated learning moves and/or losing your heartrate during your workout.

I'd be happy to help offer any tips. What specific move are you having a hard time with?

I had the same problem!! :) I did step for many years, but then stopped doing it for a while (burnout on step). This routine is full of challenges!!! You will learn it though!!
Even while you sleep, your body is laying down the neural pathways which will make the routine easier each time.

My advice is to learn the routine separate from doing it as a workout. That is -- do your workout for the day, and then try to learn the routine, or learn it on your rest day. That way you don't feel like your heartrate is down, while you stand watching the tv in confusion :)

Leela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.