Stability ball vid. recommendation?

Aquajock

Cathlete
Hi, all! It's time to bring the stability ball into the mix, and I'd like to find out if anyone has any recommendations for a good video that incorporates the ball, especially for ab / back work.

Thanks!

Annette

Annette,

I really like the Suzanne Deason videos that came with my balance ball. The beginning video is mostly stretching & balance w/ a little ab & back work. I think the ab workout is a solid Pilates influenced workout though some posted it's too easy.

Also check out this month's Runners World for a great set of exercises using a ball. Many of those are on Deason's video.

Debra

I really like the Fitball Challenge tapes (Upper body challenge & Lower body challenge). They are endurance-type workouts and the ab work (approximately 15 minutes on each tape) is really excellent. Both are available at Collage Video.

GP

Annette - while you're waiting for your videos to arrive, check out the Feb issue of Runner's World mag. There is an excellent article featuring a super-challenging stability ball workout. Targets ab, core, back, leg muscles. It's awesome, I've added it to my weekly routine and I'm loving it. Really challenging.

marnie

Fitball challenge tapes

How are these videos? PRetty good? I've read mixed reviews, so I'm curious as to how they really are. Any info on exercises?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.