Stability Ball Holder

Gobias

Cathlete
What do you use to store your stability balls? I have 4 (of different sizes) that I have been just storing all around my workout room. But, they are always in my way and I am constantly moving them. I see there are wall shelves and tiered towers, which I am considering, but am looking for possible other ideas. Thanks!

Our workout room is off the Mechanical room in our lower level, which is unfinished and has exposed studs. I screwed 1x2 boards at an angle (maybe 15 degree cut on a miter saw - I don't recall how long I cut them, maybe 15-18 inches?) on two of the studs to hold the balls. Works well as the ball doesn't slip off and they're close but out of the way. This could be done on a finished wall with the supports screwed into a flat board which then is hung/screwed on the wall. I researched on Pinterest for ideas, this one worked for us. Another option I considered was using a hanging net like the kind used in your vehicle's trunk to hold the balls up off the floor. I also considered a high shelf with a board nailed on the edge to keep the ball from slipping off, but it would have required more wood. I suppose if you have a niche, two side boards on the end walls with a front board nailed between them would also work and use less material.

I have 3 different sizes. I used 2 nettings from my suv that I never used and hung each one in a different corner. So I have my very large ball in one corner with my larger net and my small yoga ball and small stab. ball in the other corner with the smaller net. They fit perfect and are completely out of the way, easy access and easy to put away. I have them just far enough away from the ceiling that they do not touch it when I put them back.

I have my stability ball sitting on a pillowcase that is covering my set of bow flex selectech dumbbells. It’s in the corner of my room and is out of the way.

My ball has sand in it so it doesn’t roll away. It’s a Spri brand. You can buy them at WalMart or on Amazon.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.