squat rack legs

beadbabe

Cathlete
I have a squat rack so i'll be doing the "squat rack legs" in this rotation. I'm curious if anyone else is going to.

Yes, I am going to use a squat rack. I need to purchase one. I am looking at PSS60X and found a pretty good deal on line for $135. What type do you have any suggestions. I will probably use a weighted vest too and buy some additional weights. I used to powerlift in high school (25 years ago) and could squat about 325 3 or 4 times, but I'm sure the body now would surely reject this notion now.

I plan to start the rotation March 2 so that I have the week of May 4 as a rest week since we are going to Disney World in Orlando that week. With all the walking around, I'm sure I'll still burn some calories while I have a great time.

All the best,

Yes, I am going to use the squat rack. I have my work-out space in the basement, and my husband has a fully furnished gym in one section of the garage. I told him I'd be moving my operation out there so I can use my squat rack!

Annie

Has anyone previewed the squat rack exercises yet? I'm curious if they're traditional squats, deadlifts, etc., or if they have an "interesting twist" like so many of the STS exercises.

Hi Karen, you grand baby is adorable;) I will be using the squat rack option also. I already did one of the plyo legs the other day before I started the actual STS and it was fun but since I have a squat rack I am doing that.

I don't have a squat rack but plan on doing the squat rack disc in Meso 3 (likely with a weighted vest unless I can find and buy a rack in time and also find time/space to rearrange my basement to make it fit). I can't do lots of high impact on my foot because I need surgery for a neuroma (used to run and am on a break...).... yada yada - I can't do Plyo legs. I previewed it today and just watching all the jumping made my foot ache. LOL!

So I'm with ya! I need to preview on of the squat rack discs next.

:)

I previewed the squat rack meso 3 program today and it is very traditional exercises with very very long rest breaks in between! Completely different from the plyo legs which is nonstop cardio action. I'm thinking of doing the rack option because I really want to increase the strength in my legs rather than plyo/cardio.
Beth

At the gym

Hello,

I am taking the workouts to the gym and I will use the squat rack there. I was thinking about doing 2 leg days in meso 3: 1 for plios and 1 for squat rack. However, I have yet to preview these discs so that plan may very well change!

I pre-veiwed and did squat rack #37 it is all traditional exercises. It went by so fast, Cathe talks and stretches you through the breaks, which I totally enjoyed. She is so informative, and just there for you, you can feel it. Really use a weight that is your % rep max and a safe squat rack and you will have the heart pounding pleasure that is STS.

Can't wait to see the plyo's tomorrow that is another passion of mine.

Bri :)

I have a squat rack and plan on doing the squat rack option in Meso 3. I plan on previewing the squat rack discs this week

How long was it?

Bri, how long was that workout?
Like kryptychyck, I'd like to take it to the gym but I don't think I could hog the squat rack for too long.
Any suggestions?

Would a smith machine be better than a sqaut rack?

Yep!

Yes! I plan on acquiring a squat rack and doing that version, definitely. I'll also use a weighted vest. The highest my barbells get are in the low 80s, but that's still too heavy for me to lift over my head.

Backer65 - where did you find the squat rack for $135? Amazon has it for $167. Also - do you know if it can only hold an olympic bar? My bar is bigger than the troy lite bar, but not as long as an olympic bar. I'd like to mix it up - my legs are my strongest (and thickest) body part after years of squatting HEAVY in the gym. Plyo moves will certainly (hopefully) help lean them out...Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.