Spring into Summer 6-14

lisaLD

Cathlete
Good afternoon!

Since no one else has started this yet, I will. Today is a rest day for me. Over the weekend, on Saturday, I did the Bar Method Designer Sculpting, plus the bonus workout, plus the stability ball add on from Basic Step/Body Fusion (I really like that add on). Yesterday, I had a very intense workout. I've been wanting to do HIIT. Last week, one day I did the cardio only premix from HSTA, which I think counts, although next time I'll probably repeat a couple of the intervals to get to 15-18 minutes. Yesterday, I did the blast mania premix from IMAX 2. I haven't done that intense cardio in a long time. I did it on a 4 inch step, which is my norm, and was pleased with how well I did. I was good until the 9th blast, which I modified heavily the last two times through (I was moving, but not a whole lot). I recovered with the 10th blast. Then I did the upper body premix from HSTA, which is a tough endurance w/o IMO. It also has some compound exercises, so you get some lower body work too. I was tired from the cardio though, so I couldn't give it my all. I did better this time with the pushups--all but the last couple of reps in the last two sets were on my toes, but I went lighter for some of the weights and couldn't do all of the one-armed one-legged dips. After that, I did the 20 minute Winsor ABS workout. I actually think I pushed my envelope yesterday, based on the workouts I've been doing. I did pretty well, but got a migraine overnight (it's gone now, thank goodnes) and decided that I probably needed a rest day anyway.

Pinky, I hope you're feeling better this week, and you too Elizabeth. Vilma, when is your surgery? I'm sorry, I can't remember. Everyone else, I hope you're well today.

Hello All!

Might do BC today- we're leaving for a few days to Fl so I want to get in some pretty intense w/o's before we leave. BC goes by pretty quickly- I modify by using my rebounder for some of the high-impact moves and my knees thank me for it!:)

Lisa- WOW! You had such a great workout,lady! And good job on doing it especially considering you haven't had that intensity for a bit there. As I was reading your post I kept thinking that was it and you kept going with your w/o routine- I truly am NOT worthy!:) You deserve a rest day today, most definitely!! I'm so sorry about your migraine- I'm sending you a cyber-hug! BTW, have you ever thought of trying acupuncture for your migraines? My chiro/acupuncturist has told me it helps some with their headaches. I know it gave me relief from a rotator cuff injury I sustained once when I was sparring- and it's never bothered me again. Same for DH when he had a pulled hamstring. Please take care and keep us posted. Again, thank-you so much for your kind words- it means a lot to me.

Hellos to everyone else!

Elizabeth

Today I had another doctor appointment ...this one was for a medication check and I have once again been changed for meds dealing with my ADD. I really need something that will help on my focusing, memory and not trying to do a million things at once.
I ended up taking today as a rest day. I really didn't want to take any rest days as my surgery is one week from Tuesday the 22nd and I'll be on happy pills for awhile.

Lisa sounds like you are doing really well.

Hi's to all

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.