Spring Cleanse with The Nourishing Gurus

jrichards111

Cathlete
Hi,

Has anyone tried cleansing with The Nourishing Gurus?

There is one starting from May 28t though June 7th.

I have never done any type of cleansing before so I have no idea what to expect.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

I did 3 days of a cleanse where the only thing I drank was distilled water and Organic Unsweetened Apple Juice. The first day wasn't too bad. As each day went by it got harder. I like chewing some food from time to time. By the 3rd day I was sick of drinking Apple Juice.

Curious what there cleanse consists of. I'll have to go out to the site and check it out.

Hopefully someone else can give you more information.

Brenda

I did the first cleanse they had at the end of April. It lasted 7 days with 3-4 days of prep and 7-14 days of food re-introduction. During the prep, you gradually cut down or eliminate those foods that often cause sensitivity in the body and completely eliminate them during the cleanse. Foods such as dairy, eggs, nuts, bread, pasta, rice, coffee, certain meats, soft drinks, sugar and all processed foods. They provide lots of recipes for meal planning and a private Facebook page where you can post questions, get support and share experiences with other "cleansers". There is plenty of food options and I never felt hungry or deprived. It is not about cutting calories or drinking only liquids but rather eating real whole food that is good for your body which allows your liver to detox and ease digestion. Most participants reported that they felt great, lost weight and/or lost their cravings for sugary, junky processed food. The gurus explain the science behind the program so it makes sense and are always available to answer questions along the way. After the 7 days, you gradually add back the eliminated foods to see how your body reacts. For example, one day you add back eggs and suddenly feel gassy, bloated etc.. that may indicate a food sensitivity. Of course, you never add back sugar or processed junk because it doesn't offer any nutritional value to your body. Usually the Gurus have a free informational webcast that you can listen to via phone or internet which highlights the program so I would check their website for more info.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

I did the first cleanse they had at the end of April. It lasted 7 days with 3-4 days of prep and 7-14 days of food re-introduction. During the prep, you gradually cut down or eliminate those foods that often cause sensitivity in the body and completely eliminate them during the cleanse. Foods such as dairy, eggs, nuts, bread, pasta, rice, coffee, certain meats, soft drinks, sugar and all processed foods. They provide lots of recipes for meal planning and a private Facebook page where you can post questions, get support and share experiences with other "cleansers". There is plenty of food options and I never felt hungry or deprived. It is not about cutting calories or drinking only liquids but rather eating real whole food that is good for your body which allows your liver to detox and ease digestion. Most participants reported that they felt great, lost weight and/or lost their cravings for sugary, junky processed food. The gurus explain the science behind the program so it makes sense and are always available to answer questions along the way. After the 7 days, you gradually add back the eliminated foods to see how your body reacts. For example, one day you add back eggs and suddenly feel gassy, bloated etc.. that may indicate a food sensitivity. Of course, you never add back sugar or processed junk because it doesn't offer any nutritional value to your body. Usually the Gurus have a free informational webcast that you can listen to via phone or internet which highlights the program so I would check their website for more info.

Hope that answers some of your questions.
Thank you so much for the breakdown. Ive noticed that it costs $100. Do you think its worth the cost? Id love to do it but, im not sure if I can justify the cost.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for responding.

$100 is just the cost of the information. The cost will go up with the food purchase.

Right now I eat well about 85% of the time. I do spurge once in a while as I don't believe in food restrictions.

7 days seem like a long time to me.

It will be very difficult to eliminate eggs as I have boiled egg whites for breakfast daily; same for coffee ( I drink it black).

Judi, what results did you get with the cleanse?

Hi - I also did the April cleanse. I (completely unexpectedly) lost 6.5 lbs, which have stayed off, and I am sleeping better. I have also lost the belly bloat that I had been developing. 7 days is actually not that long and I felt it went by quickly. It was a bit of an adjustment to change my eating habits for a few days, and also to adopt a few new personal care habits for a few days, but I decided to commit and not worry about what I couldn't have (there are lots of things that you can have, which are delicious and filling). I ate about 2000 calories a day during the cleanse and didn't feel deprived. I am going to do it again next session (the May-June one).

Stebby

I'm really interested in this program as I am struggling right now. I'll be 40 in November and it's really taking a toll. Can anyone else chime in on whether they felt the program was worth the cost?

Thanks Stebby. That's great you lost 6.5 pounds and sleep better now. Do you find that you can eat a variety of food? I have three children (two teenagers) and I'm wondering if I can make food that the kids will enjoy too while on this program.

Hi Beskinny, at 42, I can't lose the weight that I was once able to lose quickly. I believe this program will be beneficial on many levels for our health. Worth a try I think.

Hi jrichards111 - yes, there was a good variety of foods on the program. There are different levels from less extreme to more extreme (I did level 3 which was the most restrictive level; level 1 is less restrictive). The foods I ate were somewhat different from what I would normally have eaten (for example, more focus on things like avocados and seeds, rather than some of my staples like oats and nuts). However, I felt I got enough to eat and was quite satisfied. I became quite a fan of tahini and have kept using it in smoothies and veggie dips.

BTW, I am almost 54, and I had been having difficulty losing weight as quickly as I used to. Between the Nourishing Gurus' Mega Energy Program (which I did once in the fall and once in the winter) and this one-week cleanse, and keeping some of the good habits from these programs, I am almost 30 lbs lighter than I was in August - 6.5 lbs of this from the liver cleanse. My metabolism currently feels pretty much back to what it was in my 30s. So I am a fan. I didn't change anything except my eating. I was already working out at a pretty high level and I didn't modify my workouts at all.

Stebby

Sounds like Stebby and I have a lot in common! I just turned 54 and am now in menopause. Previously, I had no problem losing weight but it was becoming much more difficult especially in the belly region. Despite working out 6 days a week at "Cathe's intensity level", I was still getting thicker. While my diet wasn't horrible, I realized that it was the primary reason why I wasn't making any progress. I started with the gurus Mega Energy Program in the fall and lost 8 pounds! My belly bloat was gone, I stopped craving the "junk", was sleeping better, had more energy and hot flashes were minimized. I also came away with a greater understanding of nutrition and a whole new way of eating. IMHO, the program was worth every penny! Then in April the cleanse program was offered, I jumped on board as I had never done a cleanse before. I lost 3 more pounds and learned more valuable information so again, I felt the program was worth it. Like Stebby, I also did level 3 which was the most restrictive but very doable. The recipes are a huge plus and have become a staple in my house!

jrichards111- The plan allows almost all veggies (except starches), low glycemic fruits, turkey, chicken & fish (no red meat or pork), lentils, fermented foods, plant based protein powders, healthy fats, unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, herbal & green teas & more. I never felt deprived but will admit that I spent more time preparing & cooking meals mainly because everything is fresh whole food, not pre-packaged stuff. But meals can be as simple as a small organic chicken breast with salad greens & homemade dressing like olive oil & balsamic. I would sometimes make something extra for my family to eat like a sweet potato or rice. Is that something your kids would like?

Stephanie & Jane are always available to answer questions so if you have any concerns or reservations about the program, visit their website and ask.

Hi - I also did the April cleanse. I (completely unexpectedly) lost 6.5 lbs, which have stayed off, and I am sleeping better. I have also lost the belly bloat that I had been developing. 7 days is actually not that long and I felt it went by quickly. It was a bit of an adjustment to change my eating habits for a few days, and also to adopt a few new personal care habits for a few days, but I decided to commit and not worry about what I couldn't have (there are lots of things that you can have, which are delicious and filling). I ate about 2000 calories a day during the cleanse and didn't feel deprived. I am going to do it again next session (the May-June one).

Stebby
Hi Stebby, Do you have to do the cleanse at the same time as everyone else? Ive just realised I have guests the week of the cleanse and will miss out. Im hopping I can start it the week after it starts?

Hi Stebby,
Wow, you had great results. I will probably have to go with the least restrictive program. :)

Hi Judi,
I sent Jane and Stephanie an email and they responded quickly. They said that this created this program with busy moms in mind which I'm happy about. since it will be my first time I have some level of anxiety about it. I can buy most of the food at a local supermarket. Some optional items I may have to hit specialty stores.

Hi Ally,
I'm not sure if you can start on a different week. I think the program includes a private FB page where the team provides support and answers questions participants may have. Best to email Jane and Stephanie to confirm. They are very nice ad I'm sure they will respond quickly.

Justina

Hi Stebby, Do you have to do the cleanse at the same time as everyone else? Ive just realised I have guests the week of the cleanse and will miss out. Im hopping I can start it the week after it starts?

Hi Ally - I agree with Justina - best to email Jane and Stephanie about doing the cleanse on different timing. For the April cleanse there was at least one person who started a few days early. They do keep the Facebook page up for a bit of time after the cleanse but not that long - maybe a week or two.

I need to change the timing a bit myself this time around, as I have a bunch of commitments and celebrations at the beginning of June. I will probably start early.

Stebby

Thanks everyone, I emailed them and this was the reply in case anyone else needs to change the date; '
You can definitely do the cleanse at a later date - we've had several participants do that. When you join, you will be able to download all of the information and have it for you to do whenever it works for you. We suggest you join the Facebook group, just to see how others are doing and what questions they have as they are going through it. You will always be able to email us when you are going through the cleanse if you have any questions. Also, the actual cleanse week is June 1st and we keep the page open for the week after just to support people going forward. Feel free to email us back if you have any questions.'
I've signed up yay!

Hi everyone,
I have signed up too! :)
I have started eliminating coffee and eggs. doing ok so far.
No headaches yet.
I also purchased Dandy Blend from Amazon as a coffee substitute.
This morning I plan to print out all the information and read through them.

good luck to all who joined the cleansing! Let's stay in touch and post how we are feeling as we progress.

Justina

Hi everyone,
Today is my day 1 of phase II of the cleanse. I spent Friday shopping for food and supplies, and Saturday on prepping and tasting juice and smoothies. Pretty exhausted by Saturday night. My fridge is stocked with everything green. I didn't think about how I would fit all the food in there. :) Alley Yo, how is it going for you? I feel good. I'm not hungry and I feel satisfied after a meal.
Tonight I plan to do a Cathe workout, and I hope I can the energy up long enough to finish strong.

Justina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.