Spring break in San Diego?

LeanneM

Cathlete
Hi Cathe and/or SNM,

I just saw the post about you coming here to San Diego in March, and was so excited to see it. Does this mean that you won't be coming in July of 2010 to the SD Convention Center?

Thanks!

San Diego - March 26 thru March 28, 2010

We changed our plans and date because of several reasons. We did have space reserved at the convention center, but we could not get enough hotel rooms at any of the nearby hotels to meet our needs. Summertime is just a very busy time for hotels in San Diego, much like it is here at the Jersey shore.

More importantly though, we learned from the Daytona trip that holding an event in a resort hotel is the way to go when possible. By keeping the events smaller and using the resorts location and amenities it really helps to transform the event into something really special and a lot more fun. For instance, instead of having your meals in the same room where you workout, you can now have them on a pool deck overlooking the ocean. This just makes for a much more fun and relaxed atmosphere and helps everyone to get to know each other a lot better.

The Loews Coranado just seemed to have everything we wanted, including the beach which everyone loved in Daytona. And at $149 a night for a room you can't beat the price for a hotel of this quality in a major city.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response! That hotel is one of the nicest in San Diego, and Coronado has some of the loveliest beaches! Can't wait! :D

We changed our plans and date because of several reasons. We did have space reserved at the convention center, but we could not get enough hotel rooms at any of the nearby hotels to meet our needs. Summertime is just a very busy time for hotels in San Diego, much like it is here at the Jersey shore.

More importantly though, we learned from the Daytona trip that holding an event in a resort hotel is the way to go when possible. By keeping the events smaller and using the resorts location and amenities it really helps to transform the event into something really special and a lot more fun. For instance, instead of having your meals in the same room where you workout, you can now have them on a pool deck overlooking the ocean. This just makes for a much more fun and relaxed atmosphere and helps everyone to get to know each other a lot better.

The Loews Coranado just seemed to have everything we wanted, including the beach which everyone loved in Daytona. And at $149 a night for a room you can't beat the price for a hotel of this quality in a major city.

I'm curious what your plans are for Chicago. I can think of a few convention centers but not sure what resorts would fit the bill. But I self-admittedly don't make it to the city vey often so I may be missing out on something. Looking forwad to the Chicago announcement.

Maria

Do you anticipate ever announcing more than one date at a time -- more like a tour schedule of several dates and locations? It would make it a little easier to decide and plan.

Any news on the Texas RT?

Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.