speaking of Jari Love....

nightowl81

Cathlete
Where does Jari Love's type of training fit into a fitness plan? A couple of her workouts, Slim & Lean and Ripped and Chiseled go overboard on the reps, more than people say is necessary for endurance. Ripped To The Core also has alot of reps but are compound moves so I guess that creates a cardio more calorie burn effect?

Does doing all those reps have any benefit? fat burn? carb burn?

Trying to decide if I really need her new one coming out, and if I should give away some of her other workouts. I'm trying to cut down on just buying a workout just because I have the others and with STS cardio, Insanity and others coming out just being realistic if I'd ever get around to her workouts.

Really? You think 100 bicep curls followed by 88 hammer curls is too much? When those are the two most fun weight lifting exercises ever? Why, I wish she'd do twice as many, and follow them up with yet another 72 push ups! (insert sarcastic expression here)

It's just another style of training. Yeah, perhaps it's a bit extreme but I have to admit that I do like a few of her work outs-not all of them though.

That being said, if you don't like her style and/or don't think you will seriously ever use it then don't buy it. You don't NEED the work out. You don't NEED any work out. Buy what interests you and don't buy what doesn't. If you don't enjoy it, you won't do it!:)

I don't mind Jari but she isn't my favorite. I have one of her DVDs (the one with 1000 in the title) and I have used it in the past. I probably will use it in the future too (I like the pushup party she does), but I don't think I need anymore of her workouts. If I want to do an endurance workout or rotation, I have other preferences. But my theory on most fitness approaches is never say never- I may be buying all Jari in 10 years and swearing they are my favorite workouts.

I don't mind Jari but she isn't my favorite. I have one of her DVDs (the one with 1000 in the title) and I have used it in the past. I probably will use it in the future too (I like the pushup party she does), but I don't think I need anymore of her workouts.

I used Ripped1000 with Ripped & Chiseled 4'x a week plus cardio for 4 weeks. It was insane how fast my body dropped the last 7lbs, and we all know how hard it is to drop the last few!

I used them back to back (suggested in her advanced rotation)
M- Ripped1000
T- R&C
W-60minutes cardio
Th-Ripped1000
F- R&C
Sat 60 minutes cardio..

It's a great rotation if you liked R1000! R&C is my favorite:)

Cynthia: Oh, that's awesome! Good to know- I may find you at some point when I'm in a Jari phase. :D As I said, never say never. I'm sure I'll give her DVDs more of a rotation shot at some point. So many workouts, so little time.

I used Ripped1000 with Ripped & Chiseled 4'x a week plus cardio for 4 weeks. It was insane how fast my body dropped the last 7lbs, and we all know how hard it is to drop the last few!

I used them back to back (suggested in her advanced rotation)
M- Ripped1000
T- R&C
W-60minutes cardio
Th-Ripped1000
F- R&C
Sat 60 minutes cardio..

It's a great rotation if you liked R1000! R&C is my favorite:)

Cyn, could you also do this with any of the other pure weight ones? Like Ripped, S&L, or RTTC? I have those and R1000, but not R&C.

Cyn, could you also do this with any of the other pure weight ones? Like Ripped, S&L, or RTTC? I have those and R1000, but not R&C.

I'm trying to find my rotations. I think I left them on another computer. :eek:
This is how I remember the intermediate rotation"

M- RTTC
T- S&L
W-Cardio
Th-RTTC
F-S&L
S- Cardio

Cynthia - I had saved these from a while back when you posted them - hope it helps anybody looking for a rotation and in case your computer is gone for good, you can have it again too :)

JARI LOVE ROTATIONS!!!!

Week 1:
Day 1: GR1000
Day 2: 60 min. cardio
Day 3: GR&C
Day 4: 60 min. cardio
Day 5: GR&C
Day 6: 60 min. cardio
Day 7: Rest or active rest

Week 2:
Day 2: GR&C
Day 3: 60 min. cardio
Day 4: GR1000
Day 6: 70 min. cardio

Week 3:
Day 2: GR&C
Day 3: 70 min. cardio
Day 4: GR1000
Day 6: 90 min. cardio

Week 4:
Day 2: 30 min. cardio
Day 3: Rest or active rest
Day 4: 30 min. cardio
Day 6: 30 min. cardio

The poster who shared the above rotation said that weeks 2 & 3 was promoting a bit of overtraining which can be beneficial for weight loss somehow....I don't know the science behind it...I'm just giving it a go.

She also posted the intermediate rotation:
For weeks 1,2, & 4:
Do RTTC on Mondays
Do S&L on Wednesdays and Fridays
Do cardio 3 times a week on non-Ripped days totaling 30 to 50 minutes

For week 3 (a higher intensity week):
Do RTTC on Monday and Thursday
Do S&L on Tuesday and Friday
Do cardio one day totaling 30 min. and one day totaling 60 min.
Take one rest day each week

Really? You think 100 bicep curls followed by 88 hammer curls is too much? When those are the two most fun weight lifting exercises ever? Why, I wish she'd do twice as many, and follow them up with yet another 72 push ups! (insert sarcastic expression here)

I find Jari's workouts to be very tedious, and I'm always watching the clock, but they give me great results. I've never been more cut than after doing a Jari rotation, but like other hi-rep workouts, they get old quickly. Has anyone ever counted how many reps Cathe does in Power Hour? I know she did 72 pushups in Gym Style Chest and Tri's. Rep overkill isn't unique to Jari, but with her, that's all she focuses on, so I can see why some people feel it's too much.

I do like Jari's workouts, in small doses. I did a Jari rotation last summer and got a wicked case of elbow tendonits from all that repetitive motion.

Sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.