SOS slim the Legs Kettlebell or Edge Booty Extreme 2?

perle

Hello Ladies,
I am a pear shape but lately my legs needs a lot and a lot of work.
I was told that kettle bell is the best option for fast results and some people are advising edge booty extreme 2 which is a little like Tonique fitness. I need your view on it will this workout work my legs better
I am planning to do 1 min per move
or
its a follow along workout
Many thanks for giving me your view.

I've never done Tonique only watch video they seem nothing like booty edge extreme THe BEE2 weighted legs is the the hardest lower body rotation I've done. Its harder than cathe stuff for me. It's not fun so you want be reaching for it all the time LOL. Its just hard lower body workout. I now use it as my "get read for bikini" rotation. It will get your lower body rock hard.

I only do metabolic kettlebell work as a fast loss workouts so I can't comment about lower body effects.

check out Jens review https://2lazy4gym.com/2015/08/19/edge-booty-extreme-2/

I think it's important to make the distinction as to what is making your legs a pear shape, namely excess of body fat or do you feel your leg muscle itself is too hypertrophied for your liking? Both have different approaches to achieve the results you are after. Also look at your legs from a side view, do your quads bow out far (like a banana shape) if so you may be more quad dominant which can come from an imbalance from working the quads too much in relation to the glutes/hamstrings. In that case, working on that ratio may be what will give results.

(Also your pics/videos in your post are covering up part of the question you posted so not sure what you are asking for sure)

Last edited:
Well, I have read Jen's blog review and watched both clips. The Edgy Booty workout is on the expensive side for what you get. The youtube materials from Redfiningstrength.com look to be free. I don't see much, if anything, in the Edgy Booty that Cathe does not already have in her workouts. If you already own Ripped with HiiT, I am sure you don't need to buy anything more, just work the RWH program in a strict rotation, as suggested in the User's Guide that accompanied this release. The lady working the kettlebells is awesome: she is actually lifting and swinging much more weight than Ingrid Romero in the Edgy Booty DVD. She has enviable legs and flexibility. Her workout seems to be free, so you could insert some KB work into your RWH rotation.

My final suggestion is that you locate Cathe's Rock Bottoms rotation and follow that for a month! It is killer and will whip both your lower body and cardiovascular system into shape, using many DVDs you already own in your Cathe collection, thus again removing the need to buy anything more.

Tonique workouts are completely different in that they are non-weighted, using only bodyweight and zillions of reps per move to create change in the body. However, many report that their interest level gives out before the muscles do and there can be a dread factor. But if you go to totalfitnessdvds.com and type Tonique into the search box, you can see clips and get a sense for whether this workout style might be for you.

As far as which program will produce the results you seek, no-one can tell you this because it depends entirely upon your consistency, diet and genetics. There is never a substitute for rial and error to find what works for the individual.

Clare

Hello perle, you've received excellent points and knowledge from above Cathletes. I just would like to tell you about my two cents ;) regarding
needs a lot and a lot of work.
. While this may be right and how things go for you and your body, I'd just like to suggest that after a high volume leg session, or really any session, you ought to be giving your muscles enough recovery/time for the work to be effective. Overdoing it will not give you the results you desire and it isn't sustainable at all. I think that pretty much sums up my opinion on Tonique. Far too much of the same thing and I honestly don't feel it does a lot for us thick/er legged ladies. Not as an exclusive method, anyway. Obviously, I don't know every pearish woman on the planet!!! lol. I have used KBs although just exclusively with nothing else for only a few weeks which probably isn't a long enough period to determine anything to share here. I think they are invaluable for helping with bilateral imbalances if you use true KBs (which are heavy). If you love using KBs, go for it! Thanks for the video. There is also an Irish woman on youtube that puts up great videos that I have used (and her legs look fit!). Cannot find it right now.

Hello Ladies,
I am a pear shape but lately my legs needs a lot and a lot of work.
I was told that kettle bell is the best option for fast results and some people are advising edge booty extreme 2 which is a little like Tonique fitness.

Here are my thoughts regarding what you are striving to achieve. Please do not go with what you have heard:eek::eek:.
what works for X does not necessarily work for Z and A. Plus all these X,Y,A individuals listed are necessarily
NOT on the same page as far as body image is concerned. Please do not choose a workout based on how the instructor look. She probably has not got the similar body type as yours. You certainly do not carry the same genes and most importantly you do not share her plate nutrition on daily basis!!;);)

Custom your own training and nutrition plan. No one know your body better than yourself. No one know how your feel
inside yourself. Trust me it comes from there. Nutrition is 80% part of what you are aiming to gain. Please do not listen
to the myth arguing "some" gain muscles easily than others. It is just pure myth.:) Unless your are truly a proven
plain muscular athlete with single digit body fat as below.;):)

Last but not least if you want a smaller softy versiion of yourself, a good nutrition and long stuff you listed
on your post will work. In that case do not lift weight. If you want to be lean, firm and gain lean mass than you
will need to consider trying out other system on top of the one listed on your post. Good Luck!

Last edited:
I've never done Tonique only watch video they seem nothing like booty edge extreme THe BEE2 weighted legs is the the hardest lower body rotation I've done. Its harder than cathe stuff for me. It's not fun so you want be reaching for it all the time LOL. Its just hard lower body workout. I now use it as my "get read for bikini" rotation. It will get your lower body rock hard.

I only do metabolic kettlebell work as a fast loss workouts so I can't comment about lower body effects.

check out Jens review https://2lazy4gym.com/2015/08/19/edge-booty-extreme-2/
Many thanks for your reply and sorry for the quality of my coy and paste. My legs are not quad dominant currently its fat and big tight. My legs bulk easily so high reps target on legs its usually what works I used to do tonique a lot but stopped 3 years ago and was told kettlebell could give similar results without working out for two hours?

Many thanks for your reply and sorry for the quality of my coy and paste. My legs are not quad dominant currently its fat and big tight. My legs bulk easily so high reps target on legs its usually what works I used to do tonique a lot but stopped 3 years ago and was told kettlebell could give similar results without working out for two hours?

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html ( scroll down to stubborn fat protocol its after the weight raining schedule) I've never done supplements so ignore those if you want but I've gotten great results from this program. Done it several times.

I'm a petite pear shape and when I gain fat its in booty and thigh. I came across this article years ago. I've had really good result following their program and still use There stubborn fat protocol cardio does the trick for me. I still use it when I've gotten lax with my diet and put on some lower body fat.

I'm not quad dominant but do see if you build big quads and don't want the large size that high rep would give a more slim muscle tone

anyway try the hiit/steady state cardio idea. I used cathe or turbo fire hiit followed by kickbox or spinning. My lower body fat shreds fast. When the article first appeared years ago it just said 20 min hiit followed by 30 min steady state now it has more specific guidelines. I think this is basically a cardio metabolic workout before they called it that kwim. Its an old article that's been revamp for years. I know I also have been shredded by just doing metabolic workouts for a months. I've done Michele D peak 10 and its a fat burner

anyway seriously understand your issue. I never gain upper body fat every extra calorie goes to my booty and thighs and its also the hardest to shred.

Personally I've gotten great results defining my leg muscles mixing booty extreme 2 with cathe but working legs 3 times per week which is not necessarily appropriate for everyone but works for me. Good nutrition of course as well. The final fat melted off with hiit intervals on the treadmill twice weekly at orangetheory. Hope you find what works for you.

Jamie, could you give an example of what the treadmill intervals at orangetheory consisted of, ie. total length, were they walk/jog or run/sprint, how long were the intervals? Thanks!

Personally I've gotten great results defining my leg muscles mixing booty extreme 2 with cathe but working legs 3 times per week which is not necessarily appropriate for everyone but works for me. Good nutrition of course as well. The final fat melted off with hiit intervals on the treadmill twice weekly at orangetheory. Hope you find what works for you.

Jamie, I know orangetheory intervals are designed to work between 85%-90% effort, maxing out. Did you monitor your own effort?
What was your average heart rate?:)

Depends upon the shape of legs, both approaches are unique on their own. Kettle bells is more preferable to me Good Luck in what you choose..

Hi Stacy, the intervals vary and sprint/ recovery are timed by the trainer. Whether you walk or jog during recovery is up to you and some people choose to power walk on an incline the entire session if they have joint issues. Each session is about 30 minutes total on the treadmill then you switch to the floor and rowers. Generally sprints are 1-3 minutes or so, then there's "all outs" when you push to the max for up to 1 minute. Hill drills are my fav even though I'm dying lol! We all wear heart rate monitors and my average rate is maybe 130-145 and i tend to spend up to 20 minutes in the "orange zone" which is the goal in terms of after burn. Not sure how accurate the monitor is though because there are times my heart and lungs are busting out of my chest and the heart rate looks like I'm taking a leisurely walk lol! Safe to say I also go by how I feel and know in most cases I'm burning more calories than what is shown in my performance summary.

Hi Perle

My legs have always been my problem. In my hay day, I ran some 70 miles per week for many years and all I got out of that was a skinny upper body. Over time I reduced the miles and got back in the gym and my thighs responded to weight training by gaining more size. I found Cathe eventually and changes occured that were favourable however it wasn't until I used STS Plyo that my legs started looking good and that's where change occurred that I liked. Now I incorporate lots of plyo work into my schedule. Cathe has lots of options including contrast training but unless I use lots of plyo exercises then that flabby look fills my thighs. Good nutrition is essential too and without it, you'll be doing yourself a huge disservice.

As nickfitheart says, we're all different. One man's poison is another man's medicine. Whatever option you do go for, give it chance to work as there is no quick fix solution.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.