Sooo anyone in the DEEP freeze yet?

kat31

Cathlete
Here in Southeastern Michigan that artic blast is suppose to hit Saturday with a low of -6 (reg temp not windchill) BURRRR!!! I know this might be a typical winter day for you gals in Minnesota or Wyoming;) The news is saying this is suppose to be the coldest winter for us in years. Weird extremely mild to extremly cold in 30 days:eek:

I live in Vermont and we've had the same thing. It was mild through to early January and THEN winter hit. It hasn't been above freezing for a couple weeks. I work nights and have come home in the morning to find it's -11. BBBRRRRRR...
JULES

Oh yeah, we are freezing in Minnesota!! It isn't suppose to reach 0 (or at least that's the high) for about a week. UGH! We were in the high forty's for so long and then this, you are right - it's hard to get used to.

Marcia.

Joanne.
What city do you live in southeastern MI? I'm from there. And, in Grand Rapids, we're getting the same stuff you are and with lots of snow.

Central Illinois...Monday is suppose to be -5 with our usual gale force winds which drive that windchill down. This week has been really cold, but recovered to the 20's each day. Today it looks like we won't reach 20.

Denver. Colrado here with a -9 this morning. This has been the worst winter here that I can remember. Time for me to pack up for a warmer climate. :)

Terri

I'm in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, and this coming week, when you factor in the pesky wind chill, we're looking at HIGHS of around -10 or so (Fahrenheit). Yippee!! (don't slip in that sarcasm I dripped on the floor)

Twin Cities Minnesota here, a few miles north of MRSchultz - highs in the lows, windchills between 30-35 below. I want my global warming back. It's times like this that I really miss my hair.

A-Jock

Shelley,

I'm in your sister city, Hamilton, Ohio and we are getting the Arctic air Sunday! But you don't have to share THIS with your sister.......honest! I wish you'd keep it alllll to yourself !!!:p ;) :eek:

Hey, AquaJock, I'm in a northern suburb of the Twin Cities - you know, one day of cold doesn't bother me much. But, when they forecasting almost a week of below zero for highs, then I start wishing for a beach in Puerto Vallarta...

Terri

Yes, Joanne. Living in Utah has been very cold this winter. I don't mind it...I know that I am a freak of nature. :)

In Connecticut here, and I just looked at the weather for next week and we are going to get cold!!! Like all of the East up until the middle of January we had mild weather, but that's going to change. I dread it!
Ellen

The Highway Patrol was on the news last night saying they can and will close down the Interstates if it gets dangerously cold (Fargo/Moorhead area). I ordered my groceries on-line today and have NO intention on going anywhere for awhile.

Jennifer I live just between Ann Arbor and Brighton in a small town called Hamburg. I imagine your getting it worse than us being right on the lake! How many inches of snow do you poor souls have now?

I was just watching the weather and you poor (unless you love the freezing cold ;) ) gals in Canada are looking at high temps 10-20 degrees below our lows.

I live in Wisconsin along the Mississippi River. My usual running path is by the River. With -degree temps along with the wind chill makes running unbearable. (GO BEARS) With that wind whipping off the frozen ice. No No. Needless to say, I won't be running outside. I may be crazy, but not insane. My dog doesn't even want to stay outside very long.

It's a good time to start a rotation going. Oh my,which rotation to choose. Anybody have a suggestion.

Have a Great Day!

Dianne

Joanne.
We got about 4 inches today and expected another 4-6" on Saturday.
Lots of snow and lots more shoveling for me.

Here in Kansas City MO it's highs in the twenties and lows in the single digits. I don't envy some of you with even colder weather. OTOH, once it gets below 30 it doesn't really matter. It could be 29 degrees or -9 degrees, either way it's just dang cold and I don't want any part of it. Gonna move south some day . . .

MissL

South Bend, IN: There's at least 6 inches on the ground already from the last week or so. Tonight, 2-4 more. It's a steamy 5F right now. Just one more reason for me to complain about this place!! I need to move.

cristina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.