Sometimes - you just gotta' wonder...

L Sass

Cathlete
My DH is awesome --- the smartz of his family sometimes leaves a bit to be desired - or at least questioned. I just have to share. For example, he has a cousin who was driving by a vacant lot with her husband. There in the middle of the lot, tacked to a tree, was a "For Sale" sign with a telephone number. "OMG" says cousin - "now who is going to want to buy that tree?" Ugh!

But just this weekend, DH's 36-y.o. brother, who owns and runs an engineering firm revealed this about his shopping experience last weekend. He needed to furnish an extra bedroom in his home and went shopping. Decided to buy a twin bed and bureau, etc. He called us to indicate his shock upon discovering that when you purchase a twin bed set, you do not in fact receive TWIN, i.e. 2 beds. He returned to the store and purchased the second bed.

I kid you not - I just sometimes scratch my head in awe.

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Hi Lorrie

HAHA.. That's very funny. I was taking a break from writing a paper that's due tomorrow and you made me laugh and relax a little.

Thank you so much for the laugh.

Penny

BTW.. I detest writing papers.

Yah - BUT they have them ALL the time. Ditzy cousin - a few years ago they had a clam bake - she was in charge of getting the corn on the cob. She honestly believed she was supposed to get the same amount of corn as clams. So she went to the local farmer's stand and asked the farmer for 65 dozen ears of corn on the cob!!!!!! Now come on you guys - who does this?? (BTW - the poor farmer politely told her that he didn't have that much corn at the stand, he needed to go out into the field and pick some more! Fortunately she called her DH before the farmer did so.) Oh we all get more than a good chuckle at her expense. She is however, one of the most loving and caring people you'd ever know!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

>He called us to indicate his shock upon
>discovering that when you purchase a twin bed set, you do not
>in fact receive TWIN, i.e. 2 beds.

I would also assume that if you bought a twin bed SET, you would get two beds.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.