Some of my favorite things.....(just for fun)

kathryn

Cathlete
Okay, what are five things (or services) you absolutely LOVE that are neither workouts nor workout-related (workout wear, shoes, equipment, etc.).

I'll go first. In no particular order:

1) my Vitamix

2) my microfiber hair-wrap towels (I use two to dry my hair, and it dries a lot faster than with regular towels. Great for me, as I always let my hair dry naturally: I have a blowdryer, but last time I used it was for heating wall paper to remove it!)

3) My Pur water pitcher (I have one at home and one at work, as I refuse to drink tap water from either place)

4) Amazon's subcribe-and-save program for Green Forest TP :p (I've bought TP in bulk for several years, because I hate to have to remember to pick some up when I go shopping, and forgetting is not a pleasant situation! I used to buy Seventh Generation by the case, but now get 48 rolls of GF--100% recycled, minimum 80% post-consumer--every 9 months or so for around $32 and free shipping. What a deal!)

5) Netflix (I've just switched from the 3-discs-at-a-time program to the 2-disc program, and still get to watch online as much as I want. They are getting a better selection of instant-watch options, and the quality seems better as well. And a movie watched on my new HD computer (which would be a 6th thing, but 'the rules' say 5, ;)) takes up more 'visual space' than one watched on my TV (I did a very scientific comparison by looking through my fingers in the shape of a rectangle and seeing how much of the space was filled with each screen).

Your turn!

1. Vitamix also (best purchase ever)

2. Kindle

3. Plasma T.V.

4. Kitchen Aid Mixer

5. Dvd Player ( for all my w/o dvds...sorry I was stuck on this one ;))

1. Keurig! (and my Vitamix)
  2. My new Uggs (well both pairs ;))
  3. poland spring water dispenser and delivery, just one of those "how did I live without this" purchases.
  4. Having my cat food delivered every month instead of going to the store for it.
  5. Buying makeup online, it's like getting little gifts in the mail.
I agree subscribe and save is AWESOME, never thought of it for paper products.

1. My professional FHI blowdryer. 4-5 minutes and I'm done. With the time I save blowdrying, I have more time to clean my house .... uhhhhh. ;)

2. Electric Blanket. Only way I can survive North Dakota winters.

3. Astrostart. Only way I can survive North Dakota winters.

4. North Face arctic parka. Only way I can survive .... Okay. Just teasing. Seriously #4 would have to be the internet. Reading blogs. Facebooking. Online banking. Not to mention the catheforums!! :D I don't watch TV so the internet is my guilty pleasure.

5. My SD1400 Canon purse camera. Got into taking pictures when I was 10 years old.....still one of my favorite hobbies, 21 years later. Would love to own a DSLR, but for now this camera gets the job done.

1. Cuisinart Immersion Blender
2. Library
3. My Uggs & Muck boots
4. My gold bangles--have worn them for 35 years. Never have taken them off
5. Siamese cats--simply cannot live without them.

Last edited:
Ugg boots, they make me feel warm all over!:D

Eyelash extensions. I love I do not need mascara and the visits to have them filled are so relaxing!:)

Vitamix, it's been a wonderful work horse for years!

iPad- I love this gadget!:cool:

Diamond stud earrings my hubby gave me several years ago.

Let's see 5 of my favorite things.
1. iphone
2. My amazon prime membership - 2 day shipping is great
3. My subscription to Lynda.com - great technology training
4. Nook
5. My Magellan GPS

I love convenience. So most of my favorites tend to lean towards items that make life more convienent.

This is fun, but so hard to narrow to just 5 things:):

1. Keurig
2. My new electric fireplace in basement rec room
3. Samsung TV
4. TIGI S Factor Smoothing Lusterizer products. My hair has never looked better!
5. Dell Laptop

I want to add honorable mentions to my new Kodak Zi8 Video Camera, my Canon Camera, and my Zen MP3 player... I just love gadgets!

Oh, I forgot my Vitamix... I'm really bad at this.....:D

5 of my favorite things, assuming pets don't count.

1. My coffeepot
2. My car - I have an 2008 Hyundai Sonata, her name is Priscilla Bluebell, and she takes me where I need to go. Long live Priscilla!!!!
3. Books, big ones, little ones, medium in-between ones. They are my unwind after work.
4. Shoes, my current favorites - black and white leopard platform heels with red patent toe and heel. Close 2nd - my gun metal gray skull head print platform peep toes w/ pink roses and pink studs across the top.
5. My Nick and Nora (yeah, from Target) flannel jammies. I have several pairs and love them all. Sooooooo comfy.

Nan

1. My espresso machine (I LOVE YOU BABY!)
2. My Kindle
3. Another vote for Amazon Prime - love 2 day shipping!
4. My blow dryer with the retractable cord
5. Tinkerbell - yes, Tinkerbell. 3 a.m. in the morning with a screaming baby and the only thing that calms her down is the Tinkerbell movie. 15 minutes of that and she's out like a light. Thank you Tink!

1. iphone
2. Netflix
3. Mac Pro
4. 50 inch Plasma TV and home theatre
5. Subscription to International Academic Library

1. Vitamix. Got one for Christmas and don't know how I survived without it.
2. Amazon.com.
3. My laptop
4. Netflix. I love the convenience of having instant access to movies and TV shows.
5. My podiatrist. He's fixed me up twice now. Love him!!

1. Keurig coffee maker - just got it a couple of months ago and boy, I am spoiled by it!
2. My IPod - when past ones have broke - I WILL have a new one in 24 hours.
3. Books - love to read.
4. My computer - I am a SAHM so it is my link to the world.

1. Air Conditioning
2. Saturday nights
3. Popcorn
4. Netflix
5. Clarisonic
6. Global hollow edge vegetable knife / Le Creuset dutch oven

I know, it's more than 5, but.....

Oh, and 3-day weekends!!

Last edited:
1. Vitamix - how funny that it's on so many people's lists. Once you have it, you know what a gem it is!
2. cello
3. MacBook
3. iPod touch (my phone is supplied thru work, or I'd get an iPhone!)
4. Alpha Hydrox products - I swear I look younger since I started using them last year, and they're cheap!
5. sewing machine - using it right now to make reusable produce bags for grocery shopping, and cloth napkins -- trying to green our life up a bit!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.