Some more sad news

Laura, My heart goes out to you. I went through this in June with my 16 year old sheltie. I am so sorry for your loss and your pain. It never really goes away but it does get easier. If you need anything feel free to email me.

Hugs,

Terri

Laura,

I am so saddened to hear of your loss of Cosmo. It is so evident in all of your posts here about her how much you love her. Take care and cherish all of the good memories you have of her.

Laura...I am so very sorry for your loss. I have read your threads about Cosmo and I know how tough this was for you. I have been there myself....You were the best owner for her and she was a wonderful companion for you. Time does help....sending {{{{HUGS}}}}

{{{{{{{{Laura}}}}}}}}

You and Cosmo will be in my prayers. Your devotion and love for your Cosmo is obvious. My sincerest condolences...

Wendi

Lauramax

I'm new here and I just read your story and I'am soooo sorry for your loss. I know whats its like to lose a "womens best friend". your story brought tears to my eyes,and your right,lifes not quite the same without them! Sounds like she had a good life with you!

take care!
Amy

laura,

i read your email and i am sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks. i cant begint to tell you how sorry i am.

you sound like you gave cosmo a great life. you were both blessed to have each other. she is now up in heaven with other animals, and i know she is looking down on you, watching out for you.

as was said by others, we are all here for you.

suri

Oh, Laura, I'm so sorry to hear about Cosmo.;( Your bond with her sounds like the one I felt with the 'cat love of my life,' Frisco. He died almost 5 years ago, but I still think of him.

From what you've written about Cosmo in the past, I know you went above and beyond what many people would, and that you gave her a fabulous life. What a joy it must have been to be your dog companion!

I'm sure little Minnie will miss her as well, as she seemed to bond with her almost like a surrogate mother.

Why don't you share some fond/funny/happy memories of Cosmo with us? I found that really helped me deal with Scooter's death. It's tough, but I think it helps to try to focus on the good times and the loving life that your beloved pet-friend had.

I hope that your sharing this with us here will help your healing.

Big hugs and pets (you can figure out what goes to whom!) to you and your remaining two non-human companions.

Wow, I am so overwhelmed by you wonderful ladies--you know, the one thing I've learned thru this whole process is how incredible this forum is. You all have "listened" to me worry, rant, complain & fret over Cosmo for the last 6 months & I'll never forget it. Most of you have never met me but it's so touching that you care so much about your cyberfriend. I wonder, is it something about fitness? About Cathe fans? Or just about women in general?

Yes, it's been tough getting used to life without Cosmo. I keep thinking I see her out of the corner of my eye or hear her snuffling & sighing.

And yes, we were both very lucky to have each other. Some things are just fate, you know? Two days after I got her from the shelter they called me & said she had distemper & only had a 5% chance of surviving so I should bring her back & put her down. I said no way & we had 16 wonderful years together.

So, go home, hug your pets & tell them how much you love them. AND take lots of pics. I was looking for something that showed her big goofy grin to frame & I have nada.

Dear Laura,

I'm so sorry to hear about Cosmo, it's so hard to deal with. My Simba is 10 years old, and is her health is declining quickly. It sounds like you were a great Mom to Cosmo.

Debbie

Laura.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a best friend is never easy. I went through it a year and half ago with Adrian, my cat of 17 years.
Take good care of yourself and remember we're here if you need to vent.

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.