Socializing & Cathe Time

NancyAZ

Cathlete
Since we will not have catered meals for breakfast and lunch, and we potentially will be spread throughout theh resort restaurants for those meals, has any other "social" time been built into the schedule? Mealtimes are such a wonderful time to reconnect with old friends, meet new ones, and get to sit down and chat (and take pictures) with Cathe. I completely understand the monetary factor in dispensing with the catered meals, but hope that we will not lose those opportunities.

Great question Nancy, I was wondering the same thing. There seems to be a lot of downtime in the schedule, especially if you compare to NJ. Now I'm jealous!

Susan

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. DH is coming with me, mostly so I don't have a 6+ hour car ride by myself, and he really doesn't mind his "alone time" ;). I'm just hoping that I get the "real Cathlete" experience of hanging out with my fellow RTers. BTW, Nancy, are you from Arizona? Just wondering since the "AZ". DH's brother lives in Glendale. Haven't been there in a while, but need to get back. Always love our trips to AZ!
Paula

I see a schedule for the NJ RT but not Chicago. Is there one? How do you know about no meals together?

Did anyone explain why there are less catered meals on the Chicago road trip than the NJ trip? Did I miss that in a thread somewhere?

I know a bunch of people will be driving so there will be cars. There are plenty of (cheap) places to eat around the area.

For those of you that like burgers and aren't from around this part of the country, there is a restaurant called Culver's that you need to try. Butter burgers. I need to say no more...........lol. We'll need those Cathe classes after a meal there!

Did anyone explain why there are less catered meals on the Chicago road trip than the NJ trip? Did I miss that in a thread somewhere?

Cathe posted in a thread to gauge interest for the trip that they could not include all of the other meals they usually do and still keep the RT cost the same.

I know a bunch of people will be driving so there will be cars. There are plenty of (cheap) places to eat around the area.

For those of you that like burgers and aren't from around this part of the country, there is a restaurant called Culver's that you need to try. Butter burgers. I need to say no more...........lol. We'll need those Cathe classes after a meal there!

Good to know there are a lot of options for meals. I guess I'm the oddball. Well, my husband and I, both. We just got Culver's here. We tried it and were not impressed at all. The burgers were so thin you could practically see through them. I'll take a Carl's Jr. Six Dollar Burger over Culver's any day. We were disappointed, too, because we know people who were practically waiting at the door for them to open.

Thanks for responding Nancy. I just signed up, and I'm coming anyway. This will be my first road trip. I'm a little nervous, and I was just curious about the meals.

Thanks for responding Nancy. I just signed up, and I'm coming anyway. This will be my first road trip. I'm a little nervous, and I was just curious about the meals.

Being nervous is normal and natural. I was terrified my first trip to Glassboro. I didn't know a soul and something like that was completely out of my comfort zone. I've now been to San Diego and was signed up for Houston, although I ended up not being able to make it. So this will be my third trip. I have made what I consider to be lifelong friends after just hanging out during the trips. Everyone is friendly and we all have Cathe in common, so you'll find lots of people to talk with and have fun with.

excited :)

It's been nice hearing from all you! This is my first RT as well. Does anyone need a roommate to help defray costs/ Let me know...I am hoping to room with someone! :) I am a 29yo dietitian from Detroit Michigan....can't wait!!

Christie Morgan

It's been nice hearing from all you! This is my first RT as well. Does anyone need a roommate to help defray costs/ Let me know...I am hoping to room with someone! :) I am a 29yo dietitian from Detroit Michigan....can't wait!!

Christie Morgan

I don't need a roommate, Christie (I hope you find one as the date gets closer), but wanted to wish you a terrific time on your first RT!

I see a schedule for the NJ RT but not Chicago. Is there one? How do you know about no meals together?

I'm wondering too? Is there a thread started for the Chi-town trip? Trying to plan my trip home, but want to make sure I don't leave too early and miss all the fun!:)

Nancy

Do we know what types of workouts Cathe will have? I'd kind of like to work on similar workouts to 'prepare' so I'm not left standing on the sidelines winded. ;)

Gibbee

Nancy

Do we know what types of workouts Cathe will have? I'd kind of like to work on similar workouts to 'prepare' so I'm not left standing on the sidelines winded. ;)

Gibbee

Cathe posted this in her "chat" thread from a few days ago on the Open Discussion forum:

"...I will most likely do the following but nothing is set in stone:

In no particular order as of yet:

Boot camp
Yoga
Body Sculpting w/tubing and weights
Lower Body Blast and abs
Cardio Core Circuit type workout
Afterburn type workout"

Hi Everyone! I look forward to lot's of quality time with you. I am open to any spontaneous gathering at anytime that we have free time outside of the scheduled events. For instance, at the Texas RT a large group of us gathered on the floor in the corner of the lobby and had a fun informal Q & A. We can figure out things like that to do again. Sometimes its easier to figure that out once we arrive so that we can see the grounds and area space to know what/where we can do these kinds of things.

See you soon :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.