So.... Do you recommend High Step Training for my Cathe Collection?

lightening16

Cathlete
Hi Everyone

I am slowly adding to my Cathe collection and wondering if this one is worth adding? I have the High Step Challenge but this one looks different again... some really challenging looking combinations.

So what are your recommendations?
Thanks
Heather

Heather - I like High Step Training Advanced. It is definitely worth doing. It has some different moves that aren't on most of her other DVDs. The cardio is basic but really gets your heartrate up. There's only about 11-12 minutes of cardio on this one. There are five circuits. Don't get this one if you don't like leg presses. There are six sets of them. There is no ab work in this DVD. It's my favorite circuit workout of Cathe's. I find it more intense than Boot Camp.

If you do a search, there are plenty of threads comparing High Step Challenge with High Step Training Advanced.

Marcy

I agree with Marcy. I love this one. I used to be afraid of it because it's really challenging but now I love it. I haven't done it recently but it's a favorite of mine. When I do it, I try to go as heavy as I can on the weight workout. It's really kicks up the heart rate.

HSTA

Heather,

I'm currently building up my Cathe library as well. I'd always had a few but never did them for fear of getting bulky. Now I'm discovering that these are the type of advanced workouts I need in order to shock my body.

Anyway, I will be getting High Step Training this week and am also in the process of acquiring High Step Challenge.

My collection so far is this:
Pyramid upper body/Pyramid lower body
Bootcamp/Muscle Endurance
Legs/Glutes & Kick, Punch, and Crunch
Step, Jump, and Pump
Gym Style: Back, Shoulders, & Biceps
Gym Style: Chest & Tricep

I haven't done either of the Gym Styles yet because I don't currently have a band. I think HSTA and High Step Challenge will fit in well with what I have so far. Plus I like working with the high step (or fanny lifter in my case) since it seems easier for me than doing too much step aerobics on a club step. I get so lost on the club step trying to watch what they're doing on the TV. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.