SNM flooring question?

Rockael

Cathlete
There has been so much conversation concerning what flooring to install for Cathe's workouts.
I have samples of pavi flooring and EFS rubber to put under plywood.
So could you please inform me which is better the pavi mats or an efs sprung floor (plywood on top of their spring pads)?
Or just tell me what you would recommend.
What I am trying to do is:
I want to create a floor (16' x16') as close to Cathe's gym as I can, in my very large basement, which has a concrete floor.
I apologize for asking this question if it has been asked before. There is just soooo much on this topic now that it is confusing and I'm unable to discern what would be best for my situation in setting up my own gym.
Thank You,
Rocky

This is what Chris recommended if you want to make a floor like Cathe's.

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=2797&mesg_id=2797&page=2#2820

(Keep scrolling down the thread for more comments from Chris on how to do it.)

And here is my thread showing how I did it:

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?..._id=500557&mesg_id=500557&listing_type=search

I used carpet instead of laminate, but other than that I followed Chris's directions. It's not quite as bouncy as I remember Cathe's gym floor, but it is great!

HTH!

I posted this question on the original thread on the STS forum about flooring, but what pattern did you use for the foam blocks (a pattern was mentioned on the stagestep website but I'm having a little trouble navigating around that site). Just trying to figure out what I'm getting myself into!

Thanks so much!

Hi Jodi Jodi,and Jody,
Thanks for your response.
I guess SNM is tired of answering this question.
I see where they gave a detailed answer.
So My husband and I will keep investigating, and try and find the best flooring possible to install in the basement.
Seeing pictures that have been posted have been helpful.
Rocky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.