Smileyville week of Sep.21-27th

jennifer-in-mi

Cathlete
Hello Smileyville.

Up early to do some work on the pc, do SJ&P, then go to a church class later with reading much later tonight for school.

Please check in and say Hello.

Thanks.

Hello Jennifer and all who follow!

My FIL's surgery went well but he's NOT doing so well.He's very confused and has been ever since he went into the hospital. We're all very worried about him. Your prayers are welcome and appreciated. Yesterday marked the 55th wedding anniversary for my MIL and FIL and it was kind of a bittersweet day.

They still don't have power or water at their house and my MIL is coming over here today to relax an take a shower while I do her laundry.

I hope you all are doing well. I miss you guys. **MWAH**

Michele ~ prayers being said for your FIL. I hope he pulls through. Big HUGS to you!!!!

Hi Jennifer! Have you finished your reading for tonight?

Nothing much going on today. Yesterday I was going to kill my DH. The other day he asked me if I wanted to do lima beans to freeze. I told him ONLY if he helps. So I come home from soccer around noon yesterday to find a bushel of lima beans. It took ME and ME alone from 12:30 until 9:30 last night to finish them. I was livid to put it mildly. He was "too" busy to help me b/c he was working on his #$@! car!!!!!! I had to cut my fingernails short b/c there was so much dirt under them from all those beans. If I never see a lima bean for the rest of my life I won't be sorry. Then I cleaned all day today. Now waiting for a call from DH to come and pick him & Gabe up. I hope they call soon b/c it is getting dark.

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Hello to everyone else.

P.S. just changed Ralphie's pic - isn't he so handsome!!!!

Hello Everyone.
A big part of my homework is done. The second half is left for Monday night,which could be a long one. Then, the assignment. It's going better, at this point, than I thought it would be. Praise GOD. I might dabble a bit later too. Time flies.

Hiya!

Thanks everyone for the prayers. :)

My FIL is still in the hospital and is about the same. His surgery site is looking okay, but he's still quite confused. :(

I'm getting ready to head over to the hospital and that's pretty much what my days have been like.

Dana -- I LOVE Ralphie's new picture!! He's such a CUTE pookie!! I cannot believe you spent 9 hours cleaning beans :eek: . I just wouldn't do it! Screw the beans -- lol! I think you need to feed your DH nothing but beans for a month -- that'll teach him! :D

Jennifer -- It sounds like you're going gangbusters on your schoolwork! Good for you!!

Alrighty, I need to run. I'll see y'all later. *MWAH*

Dear Michele, you know you and all of yours are in my prayers. How is your DH handling the stress? Hugs to your MIL.

Dana, I wouldn't share the lima beans come wintertime. You just eat them all by yourself and enjoy them. Yes, Ralphie is adorable!

Hello Everyone ( I want to type Haters all the time),
I'm done with my first lesson, class is tomorrow night. Then, more management principles for the next 5 weeks. It's going to be fun. (not really). Saturday is Lansing for MI Catheites and Sunday is brunch with my healthcare support group. Study on Wed and Thurs, break on Friday, study early on Sat and sat night. You get the picture. Prayers are appreciated. Oh yes, work and housecleaning, groceries, I think working out is a luxury...

Have a Great Night.

Jennier, I always want to type Haters too. Type whatever you want. Last night I was talking to one of my DH's friends on the phone and he asked me if any new "hot" women have started at my office? I told him NO, but I do know someone, YOU Jennifer. I told him that you lived in MI though. He asked if you were moving to PA. I told him no. Then he told me that I'm nuts trying to set him up on a date with someone that lives that far from him. LOL Oh well, I tried. He is 38, no kids, does not want any kids either and also loves cats. I have no luck playing match maker. I tried to set my brother in CT up with August in Japan. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun on Saturday, I can't wait to hear all about it. Wasn't Lansing the setting for the show Rosanne???

Robin - WTH is your avatar??????? when did you become "deCathelete"??? What have you been up to? Are you going over to the Bloomsburg Fair at all? We get off from work on Friday for the fair. I'm also taking off on Thursday. Gabe & I are going over to see Three Days Grace on Thursday night. That is the only time we're going over. We'll probably go early to get something to eat and so he can play a few games. I refuse to let my kids ride the rides at fairs b/c IMO they are so unsafe! On the 4th of Oct I'm taking him the the Phoenix PhunPhest @Knoebels. That is always a lot of fun and not too crowded either.

Michele ~ how is your FIL today? I've been thinking of you! ((HUGS))

Yesterday's workout was just a 2-mile walk, today will be the same. We've got soccer tonight and it is an away game. We'll probaby have to stop for dinner on the way home and then homework and baths, it will be time for bed!

I've been toying with the thought of getting Ralphie a buddy and there are very few English Bulldogs on rescue sites. I found one in NJ and they only had a handful and none were good with kids or other dogs. My Ralphie is the sweetest thing and he loves my boys. I can't imagine one not liking kids.

OK, I better get back to work. Lots to do, no energy to do it though.

Have a great day everyone!

August ~ if you're reading this, WE MISS YOU!!!

Last edited:
Hello Dana.
PA is always a possibility with me if I ever graduate with my degree. I don't want kids either and it's great your DB likes cats. Thanks for playing match makera and thinking of me.
Just printed out the course outline AFTER I responded to the questions. My advisor didn't call me till way later. I'm ahead on my reading but still must post my last assigment so a mixed bag for the first day of class. Hopefully, I answered the discussion questions good.
Sorry for all the rambling, I REALLY want to succeed at school.

I thought Roseanne was in Saginaw not Lansing?

BBL

Well Jennifer, you and I were both wrong with our "Roseanne trivia" the show was based out of Landford, Illinois. WTH did I get MI???????? And in all honesty, I have seen every episode of it too - multiple times. When I was home on maternity leave with Gannon in 2005, he was a night owl so I would watch it back-to-back-to-back during the middle of the night on Nick at night.

So you printed out the outline after your answered the questions? Getting a bit ahead of yourself, eh? LOL You're just really excited about it and you have such a positive attitude I KNOW you'll succeed. You are going to do great! When is your expected graduation date?

So you know how I was major complaining about my DH and the lima beans on Saturday? Well, yesterday I come home to 200 ears of corn. What was he thinking???? He did husk it all but we had soccer and I didn't get home until 7:40. He is lucky he helped b/c we didn't finish up until 10:30. I know that doesn't sound late but I'm usually in bed by that time. And his aunt was on our machine 2x wanting to know when am I coming down to get red beets and potatoes? Sheesh!!!! Thank God I don't have to do anything w/the potatoes. I already canned beet this year and now it looks like I'm gonna to have to do more. I told my DH last night that I"m just gonna buy him Jolly Green Giant corn and of course then he gives me the guilt trip, "Fine, buy that stuff from the grocery store, where you don't know where it comes from or what kind of pesticides they put on it and feed it to our children". This coming from a man who could eat fast food everyday. Sheesh!!!!

So where is everyone else at today????

Hey there sweeties!

No changes -- my FIL is still in the hospital and he's still as confused as ever. DH and I sat with him last night and when we got there, we found him out of bed and stooped over tugging at his tubes :( . It's a good thing we got there when we did or he would've fallen!!! He has brief periods where he's lucid but they don't last long. DH is going to talk with the discharge planner to see about sending him to a rehab place when he's discharged from the hospital. ther is NO WAY he can go home like this. My poor MIL can't handle him. Geez, it took both DH and I to calm him down last nith, He gets really agitated and combative. :( :( :(

Anyway, I don't have a lot of time for posting. Just wanted to say hello and that I miss you guys like crazy. I love you crazy smileyers.

Thanks, everyone, for asking about my FIL -- that's the scoop. I'll BB when I can. Take care.

th_Kisses_5.gif

P.S. I used to LOVE the Roseanne show. Man, she was crazy!

Michele I'm so sorry to hear that your FIL isn't really doing much better. How scary to have gone in there last night and saw him the way he was. How is your MIL doing? My heart goes out to her.

Hello Everyone.
Michele-Hope your FIL improves. Have they done an MRI at all?
Dana-Never thought it would be IL. My graduation date is July 2010.
Time to participate in class now. My orientation for online class never happened. But, I figured out it myself..

Vishenka_04.gif
HELLO SMILEYVILLE!!!!!!!!!
Vishenka_04.gif

I'm completely out of the loop in everything! Please forgive me for not addressing everyone. I'm semi-read up and am sending lots and lots of love and good vibes out.

I wanted to stop by and tell you that I finished all my homework like a good girl. But more importantly ----

Do you know what good girls get? They get rewards!

HERE WAS MY REWARD!!

(Okay, I don't know how to put the photo here...so look below!)

I know my current mission is to get FLABULESS, but this just had to be.
acigar.gif

The only problem was that I had this horrible urge built-up from wanting to try Krispy for years and years....that I ended up tasting every single donut. Yeah, you read that right, it was heaven!

20.gif

And it was soon followed by massive Krispy Glaze Overdose
loveshower.gif
and high-fat sugar splurge nausea!
greenstars.gif

It rocked!

There are all sorts of half-eaten unsightly leftovers at my workplace, and I intend to not let them go to waste. So I have to leave a little early for work today.

7.gif

I've been following that quasi-STS rotation, and thanks to the confidence I earned doing KBs, I'm even doing squats and lunges (without weights though), and today is cardio. And since yesterday I did Gym Legs and my calves won't work normally, I'm going to do some floor dancing!

I'm so sorry I've been so consumed that I didn't even stop by to say hello, but you guys were on my mind constantly and I missed you so much!

Laie_23.gif

I'll still be a little sporadic for the next few weeks, but I'll do my best to come by more regularly now that my stressful part is finished.

Big hugs!

4.gif

P.S. No, that is not my thumb print in the powdered donut. LOL

Attachments

• My reward.jpg
    My reward.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 9
Augie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWA HA!!! I KNEW the day would finally come when you would go off on a Krispy Kreme binge!!

Dear God I needed a good laugh tonight, THANK YOU!!!

25r30wi.gif

th_kissy.gif

August!!!!!!! I hope you are OK after your KK OD. Take it easy woman!!!!!!! Glad you are back!

Hi Jennifer & Michele. I'm home today - thank GOD!!!

Last night we had a visitor. I was hanging laundy and it was about 9:00 so it was already dark out and I heard this pitiful "meow, meow". I looked and saw what looked to be a huge black cat. I could tell it wanted to come over to me but it was scared. I started talking to it and it would come closer but then run away. I went inside and I got it some bologna and was throwing little pieces to it but as soon as it would get a piece, it would back off. Gabe then came out with some of Ralphie's food for it and the cat fell in love with him. It was all over him - he was so happy b/c you know how he loves cats. Then Gannon came out and it really liked him too. It was really thin b/c I could feel how bony it was when I pet it. It had to be someone's pet though, maybe an outside cat b/c it was super friendly. Ralphie wasn't too happy about it though. He was barking and jumping at the back door. He is so funny b/c he tries to open the door. If he is on the outside he can open it to get in but not to get out. So I put Ralphie on his leash and he hated the cat. He has never seen one before so he didn't know what to make of it. The cat just sat there, hissed at him and then moved away. It wasn't too worried about Ralphie. It is all black. But it is gone this a.m. - I told Gabe it will probably be back tonight.

Well, I'm off to do some cleaning and laundry then we're going to the fair. Talk to you all later.

August - I just opened the donut pic and Gannon's eyes lit up and he's saying, "ooooh donuts, donuts"!!!! I rarely buy them and everytime I drive past Dunkin' Donuts he chants, "donuts, donuts, donuts". I"m such a mean mommy b/c I keep on driving. LOL

Last edited:
Hi, Michele and Dana, and others to follow. I'm home. I ate the leftover KK in about 5 minutes flat. :eek:

And then the person we were having a meeting with brought cake. :confused:

Soooooo, did anyone....name the black kitty....? ;)

>he chants, "donuts, donuts, donuts"

Not everyone does that? I thought everyone does that. :D

Night night!

Hello Smileyville.
Off to the participation part of class right now. Thank GOD, for my advisor. I think I will have to send her a gift card soon.
Work has been frustrating as always. Thank GOD, tomorrow is Friday.

Hey, Smileypants!

Hello, Jennifer, congratulations, by the way, on your classes!

I finished up Gym BSB today and am taking it easy before my meeting.

I can't stop thinking about Krispy Kreme and how it's about a 20 minute speed walk from my apartment.

1.gif

I have to take those photos I told you about in about a month (it was pushed back a bit). I must become as FLABULESS as I can and I don't think KK is going to help me arrive. :confused:

I think KK could also be called GLAZE WORLD. And I know. Because I ate every single donut they sell. In two days.

3.gif

Laters! Have a nice day! :)

Hello Smileyville.
Thank GOD, it's Friday.
August-We miss you and love your posts!! Glad you're posting. Donuts are a dangerous thing.
Tomorrow is Lansing for lunch with MI Catheites, apparently we're going to a place that has lots of great food that's NOT clean.
Time to go back to bed for awhile, I have an hour comp from work.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.