Slower paced workouts for us Intermediates

SusanMcL

Cathlete
I love Cathe's workouts, but I'm 66 years old and I can't move as fast as I could 20 or 30 years ago.

I would love to have 2 or 3 Intermediate level DVDs that do the same things as on the other DVDs but at a much slower pace.

1 - Total body
1 - Cardio and weights
1 - incorporating the slide and glide discs and ab work

All low impact, of course.

I have just received the new Low Impact Series and although they look fantastic, I'm worried that I can't do them because they are so fast paced.

So how about some DVDs for those of us who are older or overweight or just getting back to exercising.

The Beginner DVDs used in the Official Beginner Rotation are terrific, but there isn't much between those and the advanced, fast-paced workouts.

I agree. I love Cathe videos. Her stamina, knowledge, and commitment to fitness and her customers is fantastic. Due to some physical limitations i have to modify certain moves in her videos. Cathe is my favorite instructor and would like to see a few intermediate workouts too.

I'm also gearing down as I age too. It would be nice to have this.

I love advance workouts and Cathe is so famous for that, but, there are times that not all people are advanced. Not because they don't want to but because of nature. I'm 60 and I can feel now that I'm not going to be able to keep up forever, although in the newest series, there are modification but still the movements are sometimes very fast. I'll find out soon if they are too fast for me.:confused:

I hope Cathe will consider making more DVD's for the intermediate. There is a lot of people (aging, just getting started, sick, getting back to working out, after a pregnancy...) who love her skills as an instructor and her amazing style, who could benefit from this.

Janie

I'm also gearing down as I age too. It would be nice to have this.

I love advance workouts and Cathe is so famous for that, but, there are times that not all people are advanced. Not because they don't want to but because of nature. I'm 60 and I can feel now that I'm not going to be able to keep up forever, although in the newest series, there are modification but still the movements are sometimes very fast. I'll find out soon if they are too fast for me.:confused:

I hope Cathe will consider making more DVD's for the intermediate. There is a lot of people (aging, just getting started, sick, getting back to working out, after a pregnancy...) who love her skills as an instructor and her amazing style, who could benefit from this.

Janie

I agree with everything you've said! So many of us, of all ages, need something in between the beginner and advanced workouts. I don't think a series needs to be added, but 3-4 workouts would be awesome! Step and Circuits! Bring back some Intermediate Step and Circuits Please!!!

:D

Great suggestion!

I'd love a cardio workout that didn't include mountain climbers, burpees or pushups. I was looking forward to the LIS because the gliding disks looked interesting but was disappointed because mountain climbers, burpees or pushups were included in the cardio workouts. I don't enjoy these movments at all.

Cathe did as she promised though and made intense low impact workouts. They aren't what I thought they'd be.

Sandi

Sandi - I agree... although I love the look of the new series, I was slightly disappointed in that the pace is too fast for me at my age. I know I can modify.. i.e. if Cathe and crew do 10 repetitions, I can do 5 or 6 at a slower pace, but still.... sigh..

I know the new series was advertised as low impact/high intensity, so I'm not complaining.

I just wish there was a 3 to 4 DVD series for Intermediates... and I also think the beginner DVDs need updating and revising.

It's not just seniors who need intermediate level DVDs..... it's also needed for people who are overweight and just starting to exercise, or people coming back to exercise after a long time away, or those recovering from illnesses or injuries.

I'd love an Intermediate pace/difficulty all-step workout.
I'd love a total body weight workout with classic moves using the barbell and dumbbells.
I'd love a Slide n Glide workout at a much slower pace.

Weight workouts are much easier to modify, but cardio is difficult to modify.

Anyway... a new 3 DVD Beginner series and a 3 or 4 DVD Intermediate series would be great additions to Cathe's already fantastic library of DVDs !!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.