Slippery step !

darli ann

Cathlete
I haven't been able to come up with a solution to this and was wondering if I'm the only one with this problem. I sweat enough doing Cathe's step workouts (yesterday it was MIC) that my step gets wet and slippery! I have to stop and wipe it down many times during the workout. Can't turn off the sweat button but I'm afraid one of these days I will slide right off that step! Anyone got an ingenious solution????

Buy some of those grippy things that they put on shower floors, they'll wear out but they will provide grip.

Dave

I have the exact same problem!!!! I have not found a solution yet but if I do I will let ya know. I have definitley almost fell and busted by butt quite a few times.

Jenni

It's the same step Cathe uses with the purple and black risers. The rubber tread gets wet and the more I step the more it spreads and the more I slide. One of these days I'm goin' down! x(

> I have to stop and wipe it
>down many times during the workout.

Do you wipe yourself down at the same time? That could make your step stay dry a little bit longer.

Yep, I keep my towel close by. My husband suggested a stocking cap since it appears most of it drips from my hair. Now wouldn't THAT look charming????

I tend to sweat alot, too. I found these towels a couple of years ago and I swear by them. I didn't get mine from the site posted below (I can't remember where I got mine), but it's basically the same thing I have. You wet it and wear it around your neck and it will keep you cool and absorb your swaet. I used to use mine when I ran bleachers.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/acc/hyd.html

Have you tried turning a fan on? that usually helps me quite a bit. I even have tiny .little fans that clip onto a treadmill or eilliptical trainer.

HTH

Michele :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.