Slim Series or P90X?

lisaLD

Cathlete
Hey everyone,

I know these two are VERY different, but I just got the Beach Body newsletter with 15% off both of these, and I'm trying to decide which to get if I only get one. Both of them have hour plus workouts, which is an issue for me (60 minutes on weekdays is my absolute max). Also, I've been sick a lot the past few months, and I don't know if I have the energy or the commitment for P90X. Any thoughts? I think I could be swayed either way.

Thanks!

Power 90X is extremely hard on the body. If you have doubts about how good of shape you are in, I would start with Slim Series. I thought I was in pretty good shape, but P90X is really kicking my butt.

Janice

Hey Janice,

I thought I remember reading in one of your posts that you ordered the "door gym" in order to do the pull-ups in P90X.

If so, did you order it on-line or find it in a sporting goods store? I was thinking about looking over the weekend at a sporting goods store.

Also, I just wanted to make sure that it really does not have to be permanently installed and that it does not mess up the wall or door frame. I was showing my husband, and he is really skeptical about it. I think if I told him that someone from Cathe.com can attest to the fact that it is a good product, he would go along with it!!LOL

Thanks for any input!

Sandra

Yeah, it does not screw up your wall at all. It is actually really cool, and really sturdy. I got a tower first, which I now regret (it is sooo big), but it has a wider grip so that is neat (the tower). Anyway, you can type in "door gym" in your search engine and it will pull up the retailers. I ordered mine from Amazon.com because I had a coupon. I ordered the Broad Reach extension from the company that puts out the Door Gym. I got both in a few days.

Janice

Janice,

Thanks! I think I'm still in decent shape, but I'm not sure about my stamina right now. I may just not be psyched enough for it right now. I've been thinking about Slim Series for quite a while, but then P90X caught my attention also. I suppose that they'll always have another sale later, when I could get whichever I don't get now. Actually, now that I think about it, several people have mentioned that once you buy a Beach Body product, you have a link to get 20% off another purchase. Maybe I should get Slim Series now, build up my energy, and then get P90X later, with the bigger discount. Sounds like a plan, huh?

By the way, I also saw your thread on the Ab Ripper. Have you tried the Tracie Long Core Foundations? It doesn't have any of the V sits, but I think it, along with Pilates have really strengthened my core.

Thanks, again!

LISA!

Just curious if you ordered the Slim Series. I've been debating about getting it for a while now and after reading all the talk about P90X, I don't know if I'm "ready" for that one yet! I'm wondering with all the buzz on here if Cathe will come out with her own version of P90X in her next round of videos!

Is there a code for the 15% discount? I signed up for the newsletter but haven't gotten anything from them.

Door Gym - Janice!

Janice, does this put dents in the molding at all. We just completed a major remodel and replaced all our doors, door jams and trim so my husband is wondering if the door gym will put any marks on the wood.

Thanks!
Jo

RE: LISA!

Jo...
It doesn't appear to. It has little cushions on it where the bar will hit the molding. You could even construct some better cushioning out of something I am sure if you so wished. Hope that helps.

Janice

Hi Michele...
I have the 15% off discount in my email, for the P90X and Slim Series, if you want it you can email me, its only good until June 2... Rhonda

Have you considered getting a couple of the Slim Series set but not the whole series? There is always someone selling them on the YaYa swap. I have SS and slowly have sold one or two of them. I love Debbie but it does get repetitive (for me) and lately I don't enjoy them at all. P90X has 11 workouts that are essentially different which alleviates the boredom factor for me. While the set is tough it can be modified up or down depending on the weight you lift. I have had no difficulty (other then a flood which has ruined my workout area) sticking to a rotation using P90X.

Without question, for me, I would repurchase P90X but not necessarily Slim Series.:)

Michele,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I did order the Slim Series. I saw that Rhonda offered to send you the email with the discount. If you can't get it from her, send me a private message with your email, and I'll forward it to you. As Rhonda said, the discount is only good through tomorrow.

I understand that once you order through Beach Body, you get a code, or a link, for 20% off. If that's the case, I'll use that on a P90X order.

Lisa,

Let me know how you like the Slim Series. You sound the same as me...on the fence about P90X and maybe not ready for that much of a push! I'm going to hold off on ordering, for now, only because my DH is on his we-need-to-save-more-money kick!

Michele,

I wrote down your id, so look for a message with your name on it sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. I don't know how long it will take to get these, and then it could take a few days after I get them to do several to really get a good idea. I'll let you know though, what I think!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.