Slim in 6???

Spinin28

Cathlete
Hey everyone!

I just watched an ad for Beachbody's Slim in 6..interesting. I was wondering how many people have tried it, and what kind of results you had using it.

I really like Beachbody products; P90X and Turbo jam and even the one YBB freebie I got with my Turbo's.

I have seen a lot of discussion about it over at the Video fitness forum, but not a lot here..so just curious.
:)

I did the SLim in 6 series, well most of it. I did get great results, especially in my legs. You use a resistance band for upper body. The only thing that I didn't like was that it got boring fast for me, since you do the same WO for 1-2 weeks everyday, then move to another one for 3-4 weeks and then one more for the last. Doing the same thing everyday is boring for me, but then again it is only six weeks if you can do it. You do get a good stretch DVD with it.

All in all, I did get good results, since this was the next step up from Denise Austin. It helped me lose 20 pounds! That's worth it!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in July 25 2006 and Fitness album!!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/152/.png[/img] [/url]

http://www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

I never did Slim in Six but I did do the Slim Series which is a step up from Slim in Six. There are 6 workouts so it has more variety than Slim in Six. It doesn't have much of a fun factor but it does provide results!

I would recommend Slim Series over "Slim in Six."
But, even better, try "Keep it Up," which is the follow-up to Sin6 and predecessor to SS ad see if you like it.

Slim Series is very repetitive, and I definitely wouldn't do it every day, as BB suggests (even the instructor has said she doesn't recommend that ). I tried the rotation 'as-is' when I first got it, and besides the boredom that was setting in, I started having joint pain from overworking them (elbows and a touchy knee). I also felt the lack of heavy upper body work. I think it's good for a Freestyle rotation for the lower body, but working the upper body often with high reps and light weights doesn't work as well.

Some Targets offer two of the SS workouts (in a package that may say 'Slim in 6' on it, for some reason!), which is a good way to try the system.

I find that, when I'm not motivated to do another workout, I can sometimes do SS: the moves are very simple and the 'music off' option allows me to change it up and put on some very motivating music.

I find Sin6 very boring. I was okay with it the first few times, but after that, I was bored to tears!!! I also really didn't get any results because I couldn't do the workouts as recommended because of the boredom!

I really like the Advanced Body Slimming series (one dvd is called tone it up, one is called shape it up). These are great muscle endurance workouts. They might get boring if you do it 3x a week for six weeks, but I just use them in my muscle endurance rotation. "Tear it up" is also another challenging workout in the Slim in 6 series. I usually lift heavy and am quite strong, but I really felt it (especially in my hamstrings) after Tear it up!

>I really like the Advanced Body Slimming series (one dvd is
>called tone it up, one is called shape it up).

This is how two of the SS workouts are packaged at Target (and maybe other retail outlets).

>> "Tear it up" is also another challenging
>workout in the Slim in 6 series.
Tear it Up is from Slim Series, not Slim in 6 (which has "Start it Up," "Ramp it Up," and "Burn it Up." )

I get fantastic results doing "Slim Series" everyday (one rest) for 4 weeks. It's a really good rotation (IMO :)) to do after a heavy lifting rotation to burn the fat off and see those well earned muscles.}(
I don't mind the music, although it could be better, and they are not boring to me. I enjoy the simplicity of them.

I agree if you want rapid results a slim series rotation will get you there FAST!!

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created2/114997884470693.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.