Slim and Trim, Long and Strong, & Mean and Lean DVDs

Braille

Cathlete
I recently purchased a used Fit Tower. The seller, however, is not selling the DVDs that originally came with the tower. A couple of years ago, somebody on Ebay was selling the 3 DVDs that came with the tower, but I didn't yet have a tower, so I didn't purchase them. I figured they'd come with the tower. Then, I found out the Fit Tower was no longer being made. I finally found a used one, but now I can't seem to get hold of the beginner DVD set that would have come with it. I have been searching online and can't find anybody selling them. They can't be purchased on Cathe's website. So, I was wondering if anybody knows where I could purchase this set of DVDs? I am not even close to ready for Cathe's advanced fit tower workouts. I even break Turbo Barre up into 2 different workout days. I would really like to get hold of the DVDs that came with the tower. From what I've seen in video clips, they would be perfect for me (ability level and length of workout). They are probably available through streaming or something, but I don't have access. If anybody knows where I can purchase, could you please let me know? Thank you. :)

I don't know where you can purchase the beginner Fit Tower DVDs from but if you can't find them then the 3 Advanced ones all come with premixes so you can shorten the workouts using the timesaver premixes. Where Cathe uses bands and loops she uses medium tension so you could always use light tension loops and bands as an option. Fit Tower Total Body is the only one that uses weights and you can always use lighter weights.

Hazlady, I do own Cathe's advanced fit tower DVDs, but I haven't gotten around to checking out the premixes yet. I haven't even taken them out of the plastic wrapper! I guess I've been a bit intimidated by them. :) I'm an intermediate to advanced cardio exerciser, but strength, toning, etc., I consider myself at the beginner level. I have past experience, so I have good form with weights and such, but the tower is a new thing for me. Also, life got busy, and I stopped working out for years. When I got back into it, the cardio-type fitness came back fairly quickly. My strength, though, did not. I've been back to working out for almost 2 years, and I've made some progress (lots of muscle definition), but my upper body strength is not even close to where it should be. My body looks the way I want it to, but it doesn't function the way I want it to. I'll get Total Body out soon, though, and look at the premixes. I think I've been procrastinating because it's advanced and I'm not. You're right, though, I can go lighter on the bands and weights.

Braille, please don't be intimidated by any of Cathe's advanced workouts, they are good, fun workouts. I know a number of us Cathletes do Cathe's advanced workouts with modifications. I can't handle jumping so I always modify high impact cardio moves and I also use lighter weights than Cathe, especially for the upper body. This forum is a good place to get advice from other Cathletes on how to modify moves.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone on using lighter weights. I'm comfortable modifying for high impact moves when doing cardio. I've even found a few ways to modify moves that require a lot of pressure on the wrists. I feel comfortable modifying when it's needed due to anything that causes me pain. For some reason, though, when it comes to modifying because I'm just not strong enough... well, I'm not sure why it bothers me. I think it's because I used to be stronger and the strength just isn't coming back like I thought it would. I might be in denial that age could be a factor. I'm 51 and fairly healthy and appear to be in excellent shape, but I am physically weak (especially the upper body). Having to go lighter and do less reps all of the time is kind of making me feel old. I need to start focusing on what my body can do rather than on what it can't. Easier said than done, though. lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.