Slide N Glides Question

hiho322

Cathlete
I have two sets of the old Cathe slide n glides that I bought from your store a few years ago. One is used primarily for carpeting and one is for hardwood floors. Of course, the one used on carpeting doesn't need the soft covers, but the one for wood floors does, and those covers fall off every time I use them. Since they're not sold in the store anymore, and nothing's really wrong with them (except that they come off), what would you suggest? Anyone?

Thanks,

Annie

I have two sets of the old Cathe slide n glides that I bought from your store a few years ago. One is used primarily for carpeting and one is for hardwood floors. Of course, the one used on carpeting doesn't need the soft covers, but the one for wood floors does, and those covers fall off every time I use them. Since they're not sold in the store anymore, and nothing's really wrong with them (except that they come off), what would you suggest? Anyone?

Thanks,

Annie

SOunds like the covers are loose. You might need a bit of home DIY here" gather the covers tighter with your one hand and quickly sew a few stitches in to hold that tighter grip. To secure it against the ravages of workout usage, stitch over your initial stitches many times so the thread can't come undone too easily.

That's all I got I'm afraid!

Clare

SOunds like the covers are loose. You might need a bit of home DIY here" gather the covers tighter with your one hand and quickly sew a few stitches in to hold that tighter grip. To secure it against the ravages of workout usage, stitch over your initial stitches many times so the thread can't come undone too easily.

That's all I got I'm afraid!

Clare

Oh no, Clare, say it isn't so!!! I'm really not handy with a needle and thread at all. But I'll try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Unless you want togo the glue route and permanently affix those covers to the slides, which you could do,since you have 2 sets. In which case, I would put glue smack in the middle of the plastic slider, there where it makes contact with the ground and where the cover is going to go. Then, put the cover back on, turn them upside down and put a dumbbell right in the middle into the dip and let it sit for 24 hours to set the glue. if the glue isn't too thick, it shouldn't make a bunching effect or stand out in any way, and shouldn't interfere with the smooth surface of the cover or affect the functioning of the slider disc at all.

And now, that's really all I got!

Clare

I just thought I would add that previous discussions here regarding sliders brought about a novel idea, and that is to use furniture movers. I've never used or even seen these, but it's what I'm considering once my covers are done. I have one spare set of covers that I'll likely be breaking in soon. I've noticed that the covers wear out in the center portion - the area that endures the weight of the slide effort. Also, at Cathe's gym, they just use rags. Obviously, neither of these options will work on carpet, but they are good ideas for using sliders on the floor.

complik8ted,

On keeping with bonjonbart's act of kindness, I also have a brand new pair of covers that have never been used, because I work out on carpet as well. So when the time comes, please pm me or I can send them to you now.
Firelight, you are SO sweet and generous! I sincerely appreciate the offer! I will PM you.

Carol, I've been using furniture movers and paper plates. The furniture movers I do like as I have long toes and I need something that accommodates those. Although, they aren't prefect. I also work out in barefeet all of the time and I would like something with a tad more stability for the faster moving cardio moves on sliders like jacks and such.

Elsie, I hear you on wanting more stability on the sliders for the faster moves. Makes perfect sense. I love exercising barefoot also. There was a discussion about that on here a long while back, and I was like, "You ladies work out in barefeet?! :eek:" I've worn sneakers since I started doing aerobics in the early '90s, so that's what I was accustomed to. In the winter months I'm so cold, so I always have my feet covered, but now I LOVE exercising barefoot and will go sans footwear whenever possible. It's actually a healing modality for the ROOT Chakra. It's grounding. :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.