Slanted risers

rlw3

Cathlete
For those of you that have these do you think they make that much of a difference? I have just been taking out a few risers making my own incline. I'm tempted to get a set of these and wondered what your experience has been. TIA!
Rachel

I like mine because I feel that they keep my step from sliding/moving during incline moves. You can also use them to slant your bench toward you width-wise for lunges (like during the end of Cardio Leg Blast).:D

The slanted risers are a bit expensive so I do consider them a luxury. However, I haven't done the barbell bench presses in STS yet, and my guess is that with the heavier weight they might be safer than just removing risers. I haven't tested this out yet as I haven't gotten to that point in my STS rotation.

I will tell ya this....it's nice seeing that you are using the same equip at Cathe :D Somehow makes me feel like I'm on her level...in terms of equip anyway :eek:

I like having mine, but I got them years ago for something like $25 or $30. I don't think they are necessary. They do feel really stable, however.

We love our slanted risers. They are incredibly useful with STS, especially when you are lifting heavy at an incline in Meso 3. After having used the slanted risers, I wouldn't feel safe or comfortable lifting that heavy without them. Also, other instructors do have videos where they ask you to slant your step (like Amy Bento), so I've used them with non-Cathe videos.

The other time in my life they have been super helpful is pregnancy. I used them a lot during the later part of pregnancy since you aren't supposed to lie flat on your back anymore. Don't know if that's a consideration for you or not, but thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

Thanks for all of the input! I think I'm going to get them. They aren't cheap but I did find a place with free shipping. :)

Thanks for all of the input! I think I'm going to get them. They aren't cheap but I did find a place with free shipping. :)

I recently purchased on amazon with free ship too. You will not be disappointed. I bought them to use with STS. Wanted the stability. Expensive yes but worth every penny IMO!

STS is why I wanted them too!! Glad to know you like them.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.