Skin care for preteen

geojill

Cathlete
I hope someone here might be able to help. My 9 year old (almost a preteen!!) daughter was talking to me yesterday about properly washing her face. I've always had to remind her to wash her face in the past and she has usually used either just a plain wet washcloth or sometimes she's used the hand soap. She would like to have her own facial cleanser but I am at a loss as to what to get her. Most facial washes for preteens deal with acne and she has perfect 9 year old skin.

Can anyone recommend a product she could use? I was going to get her the Noxema for sensitive skin, only to find out that they apparently don't make it any more.

Jill,

My niece is 13. Caroline and her girlfriends wash with Cetaphil.
They all like it. I know a dematologist recommended.
Good Luck. 9 is a great age.

Jennifer Claire 12/24/2005
Taylor Elizabeth 08/22/2007

I'm going to second the Cetaphil. My friend's 13-year-old son has been using it for 6 months and his skin went from blah to baby-soft. So I asked her what he's using. She said her whole family started using Cetaphil, and even her 45-year-old husband's skin looks great! I decided to try it after years of Mary Kay, loved it, and now have my 12-year-old daughter using it. Very gentle, great cleanser.

Thanks! I actually picked some Cetaphil up today. I had forgotten that I posted this, I've been so busy lately!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.