Shrinking Violets Check-in for Friday, December 8

BelovedHeather

Cathlete
Good morning, Violets! Brrr! It is cold in Texas again. I woke up around 3:00 a.m. because I was shivering! I am so glad it is Friday so I can look forward to a cozy weekend at home.

As a word of warning, it is not a good idea to return to the Slow and Heavy Series and lift as heavy as you can after months of nothing but cardio and lighter weight workouts. Mercy! My shoulders were sore for a good 48 hours. My triceps and biceps are sore this morning after Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps yesterday morning. I jogged on my rebounder to warm-up yesterday morning. I am really enjoying weight training more when I do 20-30 minutes of cardio first as an extended warm-up.

I am feeling peaceful and free of stress during this holiday season. It is amazing. I am back on track with packing meals and snacks again, and I feel great. I have no desire for additional food. Planning a week of menus in advance makes eating clean so much easier. It frees my mind from thinking about food on a daily basis. I just eat what I planned to eat. It only takes a few minutes every night to pack everything for the next day. I am keeping my choices simple, so there is not a lot of preparation. My pastor’s sermon series on winning the battle in the mind is really helping. I am also listening to my Healthy Self-Talk CD every day. I am completely satisfied with my meals and snacks, and I have abundant energy. Glory!

All the sugar from my Thanksgiving celebration is out of my system, and I am simply amazed at how sweet green beans taste! I cleaned up my eating a little more this week by choosing organic low fat cottage cheese. I really cannot taste the difference, so I will stick with it.

Friday is fun cardio day, and I am looking forward to experiencing the Body Max 2 cardio blast premix for the first time this morning! :7

Hey, do y’all know what happens to Shrinky Dinks when they shrink? They end up being a third smaller and 9 times thicker! :eek: I would love to jump into an oven and come out a third smaller, but I am not sure about the thicker part. ;-) I definitely do not want to be shorter and fatter. :eek: Smaller and firmer would be great though. :7 LOL! Wendy and Maeghan, are you old enough to remember Shrinky Dinks?

I have a serious question. I already have and love Gym Style Legs. I alternate it with the Muscle Max upper body premix. Are the other Gym Style workouts must haves? I am currently enjoying my Slow and Heavy Series rotation, but I want to rotate with another series after a few weeks. I have and love the Pyramids too. Do I need the Gym Style upper body workouts, or would I get the same benefits from doing the Muscle Max upper body premix twice a week instead of the each of the Gym Styles once a week? What is the difference in these workouts? Which do you prefer and why? I am thinking of adding these to my calendar order when it is available for sale next week.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Hello to Heather and all that follow.

I took a rest day y'day cause of this stinkin' cold and went Christmas shopping instead. I got alot accomplished despite feeling pretty cr@ppy so I'm happy about that atleast.

Today I will play by ear. I am dropping DS off at his nanny's house after work today so it would be a great day for a work out but I may just be lazy instead. Either way my child will be taken care of!:) DH and I had plans for tonight and tmrw night but with both of us sick I'm not so sure any/all of them will happen. He still wants to drop DS off though so that way even if we feel yucky we can relax and not be worried about running after the little one. :+ I feel a little guilty bringing him there if we may not do anything but I know he has a blast there so I convince myself it's okay.

Sorry no personals...not up to it. :-(

I'll try to check back later!

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Wendy:

I hope you feel better soon. Resting when you are not feeling well is not being lazy. It is blessing your body. It is better to have a few rest days in a row and allow your body to recover than to push yourself and get really sick. You do not want that to happen during the holidays. Please take care and get some rest! Joey’s nanny will have a blast with him, so there is no need to feel guilty about that. Fix some chicken soup and relax this weekend. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning violets...itttttttttt's friday!!!

Heather- so glad to see you are doing and feeling better. i love your positive outlook!!

wendy- arghhh, sucks to be sick. sorry you aren't feeling better and still have to go to work. don't feel guilty dropping joey off at his nanny's you know he will have fun and is receiving lots of hugs and kisses:)

today was a spin class at the gym!

i am so very thankful it's the weekend.
i am taking oldest ds to see monsters inc on ice tomorrow! he doesn't know yet so i can't wait to see his eyes light up at his surprise.:D

have a great day ladies!

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Hi everyone.

Wendy, hope you are feeling better.

Heather, stay warm. It was 20 here this morning. Brrrr. I've had my week of winter and I'm ready for summer. LOL.

Maeghan, Imax 3 is a toughy, great job.

Sunnydelite, hope you enjoyed spin class. I've been so busy lately that I forgot how much I liked spin class. I really need to try to fit it in more often.

Kali and Kim, hope you are both well.

As for me, I'm still dealing with dog issues. She is doing better with her strength, but not eating well which will lead to a loss of strength if she continues. I was getting frustrated (not at her, just at the situation) because she wouldn't take her pill last night and I walked into the living room where my husband was sitting. He looks at me and says " When I get that way, just put me in a home" LOL. There are some days, I'd like to put him in home already.(just kiding).

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Jean

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.