Shoes

cathe4me2

Cathlete
Hey hey everyone,
Just noticing on Ask Cathe a subject about aerobic shoes. Seems like Ryka wins hands down. LOL
Have any of you girls tried the new NIKE Shox? I see they have many colors to choose from and there is a new NIKE boot that seem like it would be great for lateral support.
Chalene Johnson of Turbo Jam wears these in colors to match her outfits. All the rave is about them over at the Turbo website. Just wondered what your thoughts are about them; if they seem sturdy enough for stepping, etc., as the turbojammers do mostly kickboxing-like things. The boots, that come in black or light gray, are pretty pricey at the NIKE website...$120....

I notice several of the companies are offering a wider range of colors to choose from this year. The newest issue of Her's Muscle Fitness that are advertizing Addas, Hummel, Reebok, that come in snazzy colors. These particular ones are designed to wear anywear, not necessarily for stepping, but they look cool to me. (More money to leave my credit card. LOL)

I wear Shox crosstrainers and I absolutely love them. I started with a pair of the Shox Rhythm last summer. I needed extra cushioning to relieve some problems I was having with my Achilles tendon and the Shox Rhythm have the best cushioning of any crosstrainers I've owned. I just bought 2 pairs of the Shox Legend Trainer on sale from Finishline.com and they are great too. These are the shoes that I use regularly now for doing Cathe, Turbo Jam, etc. (everything but running).

I bought a pair of Rykas based on reviews that I read here but I didn't really like them. Part of the problem is I made the mistake of ordering them online and the shoe runs a little small for my liking. I didn't like the cushioning either for my Achilles problem. At the same time, I also ordered a pair of Avias and that pair ran bigger than I like. I added insoles for extra cushioning. Of course, the experience taught me not to order athletic shoes online without trying them on at a store first.

I think Chalene wears Shox running shoes in the Turbo Jam dvds. That might be okay for the TJ workouts but I wouldn't wear running shoes to do any of my Cathe step or weight workouts.

Hope this helps,
Michelle

I only have the Nike Shox for running and at $150, they were a big disappointment. They look cool, but they hurt my heel. Now I only occasionally wear them to work & even then by the end of the day, if I've been walking too much, I feel a little tinge of pain in my heel. They're just not as cushiony as they make them sound. DH has a couple of pairs of the Nike Shox walking & he also agrees. So, personally, I'd be a little hesitant to try the aerobic shoes. They are cute, though.;)

They are really cute, but I can't work out in them either...my feet don't like them. But it really just depends on the type of foot you have as to what shoes will and will not work. I wish I could workout in them but I just can't...

~Marietta
FITXME
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.