She's here!

Winter

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

Lainey Paige is here. Born January 12th, 8:25 am, 8 lbs 4.5 oz, 19 inches long by C section.

We both are doing well. C section was not as bad as I thought. I don't want to do it again though. Healing just fine.

Feeding is our issue. Breast feeding is hit and miss. She is not satisfied so we have to supplement with formula - 2-3 oz of formula! She is a healthy eater. I am deciding if I can get my milk supply by pumping and feed her breast milk from bottle. That is my hope anyway. Better get on it.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Trying to add a picture. Never have on this forum before.

Attachments

• January23lainey_013.jpg
    January23lainey_013.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Lainey sleeping Jan 23, 11.jpg
    Lainey sleeping Jan 23, 11.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
She is beautiful Winter!!!! Congratulations! Love the name too. :)

My supply was really low at first. After 3 weeks of a starving baby, I started supplementing while building my supply with a pump. It took a few months, but I finally got my supply up high enough to not have to give any formula bottles and put some away in the freezer. Sounds like she is off to a good start! :)

Congrats, Winter!!! I am glad to hear everything went well. She is beautiful! I love her name too. Thanks for sharing pictures.
-Jen

Congrats Winter! She's gorgeous! (sorry I'm a little late - I hadn't checked the forums since the holidays)
-Carrie

Congratulations on your beautiful, healthy baby girl!

It is interesting and encouraging that so many of you have been able to build up a milk supply after a few months, even with formula feeding. I also had a c-section and found breastfeeding to be a challenge so far and am worried about keeping my supply up. A friend of mine ended up pumping & feeding her (c-section) son breast milk by bottle. Several other friends have encouraged me to just keep working at the nursing, and expecting it to take up to 4 weeks for us to "get it."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.