September 09 Check in Thursday 24th******

bitmover

Cathlete
Good morning! I cannot believe I'm really the first one here to start the thread -- have I double-posted? Kathy, are you ok?! :)

Chris, how are you and Zach feeling this morning? Your man to push the vacuum comment was so funny! Hottie, did you decide which one to get?

My boys are already awake, so I'd better keep this short. I did weights this morning! Kept it pretty light -- I did KCM's muscle definition, the full body compilation. People on VF forum had sort of complained that there wasn't much lower body work there -- I was happy to think that, because I am still so ding-dang sore from STS legs + Kelly's cardio which had a lot of leg work in it. Well, there was more leg work than I was thinking there would be! Nice little workout, though the editing for the premix was kind of choppy. I'm spoiled with Cathe's editing!

Ok, I'd better get breakfast going. Have a great day -- waves to everyone!

Hey Beth! and everyone!

I was going to start the thread earlier (I've been around), but was afraid I'd double post! I was sooo sure Kathy would be posting "any minute"! LOL!

So, what the heck was in your house last night, Beth? A gopher?? That is freaky stuff!!!

I was NOT feeling great when I first got up. Maybe I'm a little better now? I've been debating about a cardio. I have to wait and see. My head is still foggy... I did not feel queasy though. So is that a good sign? How's your stomach today, Beth?

I ended up calling Employee Health Service and they weren't that big of a help. Mostly what I decided after talking to them was , if I'm still feeling crappy next week (over 7 days), I'll call my primary doc. ..Or maybe I'll call today... just to see . They may be closed on Fridays....

Zach is fine. He had a bad headache (from what I don't know), which 2 tylenol and a 2 hour nap cured. I do understand bad headaches though, the poor kid.

I'm definitely ditching STS this week. I will restart with Week #1 on Monday! What do you think, Beth? You can just be VERY careful with the push ups (maybe do them table top or not at all?) and go LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT on the shoulder stuff.

Kathy: Did you REALLY mean you do most/all of Cathe push-ups in STS on your TOES? I was reading your post yesterday, and VERY impressed!!!

Yes, Hottie, do tell us about your new dream vacuum!! ;)

I think I'll go call my PCP...see what they think. IF they're open...

Good morning!!

Chris, my advice would be to not do any cardio today. Your body is fighting off something and rest is probably the best thing. If it was just a cold, that would be different. Maybe just a walk? Way to go on the 100%!!! Awesome - you rock!! :p :p Glad Zach is OK.

Beth, I was thinking of doing that KCM full body compilation tomorrow. How did your shoulder feel with the weights? My legs were really sore after doing the first workout - I think there's some good lower body stuff in there.

This morning I did KCM's cardio blast - the step part and then the lower body workout from her Body Definition. Great workout!

Hi Kathy, Hottie, Vilma (how are you - studying hard?!)....

BBL...have a great day all!

Hi ladies..

I know, I know..I didn't get to the computer fast enough this morning and hubby was on it. Then it got too late and I had to get the kids started on school lessons. This has been my first chance...

Beth: I was sore a while from the STS legs..Great workout!!

Chris: No, I am unable to do ALL those STS puchups on my toes. I think I wrote that wrong. I will usually try the toes if it isn't too many sets. But, STS and Gym Styles are too many sets. I do those on my knees are really concentrate on form..Maybe a nice walk for cardio would be good?

Joanne: Glad you got a great workout..

Ok, today will be cardio kicks for me...This isn't one of my favorites. But, the only time I do it is in a rotation. So, I am sticking to it and doing it later. Not too many DOMS in the back and triceps from yesterday. Glad about that. It is hard to lift arms during cardio with major DOMS..

Talk to you later..Time for more school lessons..

quick fly by as i have to run across campus to the health center for a follow up of last week. I couldn't do STS last night as my feet were killing me even when I was laying down. Did it this morning and I had a ton of fun with the tower. But my room is too small for STS I think! I told Joe we may have to chuck the elliptical out of there for now. :) I would love to get some cardio in the evening but we'll see with my feet and my energy and my workload...busy day today so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back on the forums...

I didn't do anything today.

I'm still feeling crappy.

I'm getting disgusted with this whole thing and sick of feeling sick. and sick of not being able to work out :(

I even tried to eat Fluff today. Ick, Gross, hated it.

:confused:

Ugh, Vista has hijacked my computer for hours now. Ah dream vacuum. It's this twin canister thing from Electrolux...one filter cleans the other!!! I know this sounds super lame but this totally turns me on! And its a canister which is the vacuum my mother had when I was a kid and I always wanted a canister vacuum with all the tools built into it and the retractable cord (I love retractable power cords...I think more things should have them)...and it looks like something from the Jetsons! THE JETSONS! And all the controls are in the handles...and it costs like $400 so I'm not getting it! :) Ah, see, I'm that cheap -- and here you thought I was going to talk about some sexy Miele!

I'm actually most likely going to pick up that smaller Electrolux one from Costco and see if I like it. If I don't, I'll return it but I do want something for quick jobs that aren't suited for the roomba.

Oh, I used the tower for the pushups today...I like it a lot! At first I was a bit wary re: size but I've been thinking and brainstorming how to incorporate this into the gym room. It's funny -- when we were in a 1bd apt that was half the size, we just said, well our friends are going to just have to deal with exercise equipment being around in the living room and we had room for all of this. Now we have a dedicated space to it and even though our front two rooms are empty, we are pretty decided on keeping this organization. I have an idea of how to move around the space before ditching the elliptical so we'll see!

Chris -- TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! I'm sorry you feel so sick. Please rest.
Beth -- it seems like you really are beginning to take for KCM! You know, she's from South Jersey too. Yeah, I think Cathe is a bit of a perfectionist and spoils us.
Kathy -- I screwed up totally on the drop sets near the end. Either it was the wrong weights or I fatigued. Enjoy Cardio Kicks!
Joanne -- I was looking at KCM's Cardio Blast but was holding off since STS Shock Cardio should be here soon...

Back to super expensive machine...

Oh my it was a busy day. I'm exhausted and the house really needs some cleaning. Larry had lunch here and then left and when we got home at nearly 5pm, the stove was on! Thank god the house didn't burn down!

I did fine with the weights this morning -- went light, and didn't do second sets of some things. But, the last time I tried I went light and felt and it was that night when it set in. So far, so good.... knock wood! Larry did one more killer back rub last night on the crunchies.... it hurt so much as he did it, but felt much better afterward.

Chris! Are you feeling any better better? You poor thing! I'm glad to hear Zach is better.

Hottie, I figured you were talking a $2000 vacuum -- I guess I'm out of touch with what tvs cost these days.

I'm fried.... and I'd better go work on that kitchen and I don't even know if anyone will see this......

well, when *I* buy a hdtv...hehehe...

actually, I was looking to get something in the $300-350 range near black friday for the gym room...tv or jetsons vacuum....hmmm....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.