Sept 8 Check In (Late)

Sugarbean

Cathlete
Hello Everyone,
How is everyone doing?

Julie - I have not measured my body fat yet- I ordered some calipers, and today, I found out that we have a tannita scale at work, so I'll have to figure out a way to surreptitiously use it so I can compare it with my home measurements.

This AM, I woke up early and went to do Butts and Guts, and I couldn't find my resistance band- AAARGH! I looked everywhere, tore apart the house as quietly as I could and still could not find the d**n thing:mad:, after looking everywhere I could think of, it was time to go to work, so I haven't worked out today:(. I should have done something when I came home from work, but I lamed out. I think my mother must have put it somewhere probably thinking it was a choking hazard or something with the kids. I ate clean clean clean today, though, so that's happy.:).

Nat - hope all is well

Hello to anyone else I missed, hope you have a good evening,

Lisa

Hey everyone!

I guess I should have started a new thread this a.m. Oops!

Anyway, I'm almost finished writing my parent policy handbook and then I'll be able to focus on reading BFFM. I'm anxious to get to the food part! I have been working out still - sticking to my rotation and eating about 80% clean with a few things here and there that I wouldn't consider clean but not too bad.

Lisa - Give me some ideas as to what you are eating. Are your percentages based on your body needs or are they good across the board? I obviously haven't read that far...I can't believe you spent so much time looking for your band :p - If I remember correctly, she only uses it for a small portion of that workout - you still would have done a hard workout without that section! I was just talking with someone on here about the floor work and experiencing back pain doing the pizza lift things. Let me know if you have that.

Okay - talk to you guys later!

Nat

Hi Nat,
Whoa, glad I don't have to write a handbook!
I think I was just obsessed with the band- I've obviously never done that workout before. This is what I've been eating: 1) spinach omelette with eggbeaters and coffee with 1/2 c vanilla soymilk, 2) flaxseed cereal with 1 scoop of protein powder and 1/2 c sliced strawberries 3 and 4) today vegetarian taco filling with 15 bean soup 5) grilled chicken salad and sweet potatos. This AM I ran for 40 minutes (well, I walked for 5 minutes of warm-up), and tomorrow, I'll try and redo butts and guts. I am on a mission to find the resistance band! I am going to do the base eating plan until I can measure my body fat, it seems to be working, then I'll calculate my BMR (I don't think the Harris Benedict equation is as accurate, and you need lean body mass to calculate the other one) and base it off of that. Then, when that stops working, I guess I'll dabble in the zig zag thing. I haven't read it very well, I just read it to find out what I'm supposed to do, then go back for questions. Impatience is one of my shortcomings :).

Everyone, have a great day,
Lisa

Sorry Murph,
It's a book by Tom Venuto called "Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle" and outlines dietary and exercise changes to maintain lean body mass while losing body fat,
Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.