Self Tanner

missyt

Cathlete
Any opinions on self tanning? I recently stopped using tanning beds...due to fear of cancer...but I don't want to get ghostly white! LOL

Please...any suggestions????:)

Go with the pale. Your trading nod evil (tanning beds) for another (pure chemicals applied directly to the largest and porous organ - you're skin). Many believe the increased in skin cancer rates are actually due to all the chemicals (many petroleum based) applied to our skin. Like the Dove ad says - what is wrong with the color you were born? Embrace it!

I am paler than pale! The two self-tanners I had the most luck with are:
Famous Dave's (you can search Famous Daves for the site) and
Nature's Gate Glow Lotion (I found it at Target, with the natural skin products). The Nature's Gate is much cheaper than Famous Dave's. I like both very much, but I will stick with the Nature's Gate due to price. By the way, both of these products were recommended on Cathe's forums throughout the years.
-Jen

I am paler than pale! The two self-tanners I had the most luck with are:
Famous Dave's (you can search Famous Daves for the site) and
Nature's Gate Glow Lotion (I found it at Target, with the natural skin products). The Nature's Gate is much cheaper than Famous Dave's. I like both very much, but I will stick with the Nature's Gate due to price. By the way, both of these products were recommended on Cathe's forums throughout the years.
-Jen

I've been a famous daves fan for years but just recently learned that his regular moisture tan and gradual tanner has parabans in it. His new gold label one is paraban free. Just to let you know in case you watch out for things like that.

I've never tried the natures gate one. Thanks for the suggestion

Thanks for the info about Famous Dave's. I just checked the Nature's Gate, and it is paraben free. I used the one for medium skin tones, but that was in the summer. I really liked it.

Thanks for the suggestions....I am going to research them. I have never had good luck with self tanner...but I am willing to give it another shot. I just dont like tanning beds....due to the cancer??? and skin damage...Who wants that???

Thanks again!:eek:

Thanks for the suggestions....I am going to research them. I have never had good luck with self tanner...but I am willing to give it another shot. I just dont like tanning beds....due to the cancer??? and skin damage...Who wants that???

Thanks again!:eek:

Agreed. I've given up on sunless tanners. They are never even and they all have a smell. I'm outdoors a lot ( I live in south fla) I wear sunscreen and whatever natural tan I get through the sunscreen I'm ok with that. It's all the over exposure I did as a kid that is showing up now. I just try not to go to extremes with anything.

Agreed. I've given up on sunless tanners. They are never even and they all have a smell. I'm outdoors a lot ( I live in south fla) I wear sunscreen and whatever natural tan I get through the sunscreen I'm ok with that. It's all the over exposure I did as a kid that is showing up now. I just try not to go to extremes with anything.

I grew up in south florida...and I always was okay with what I got outdoors too....but I moved to south ga...and I never was as white as I am now!!! Lol....these winters are killing me....

For me I truly believe that the tanning beds I used in high school are what damaged my skin the most so its good that you've decided to quit. I really wish I could find a sunless tan that lasted longer and didn't stink. Being that the sunless tanners today are way better then they were a few years back I can only hope that eventually the perfect one will be developed.

Hi Ladies,

I use tan towels, they are available at ULTA and HSN. I get the small ones and it covers my whole body. Each last for about a week.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.