self sabotage

cathemade

Cathlete
I'm so mad at myself! I was finally beginning to see results from my workouts and decent eating. Today was very stressful at work and I eat an extra Kashi bar. Ok, not so bad. But after getting home...I started eating potato chips while getting dinner. Needless to say, I just don’t get it. I kept saying to myself to stop, but I didn’t!! Does anyone else have this happen?

I do it all the time. Every day I wake up saying I'll eat better. I workout so hard just to sabotage myself. I keep eating those darn chocolate chips. I guess we need some more will power.

I often think the same thing...if I could get my eating under control I would have the results I'm looking for. I don't need to lose weight, but I know all the crap I eat is not helping me get the lean look I really want!

It sounds like this was one slip up after a few days?/weeks? of eating better. Why beat yourself up? Enjoy the potato chips and continue eating well tomorrow. The occasional chip(s) is not going to undo everything you've done in one meal. The daily chip(s) on the other hand... ;).

Tracey
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

Oh yeah I do this all the time. Same exact scenario--I wake up in the morning & I think "OK I'm having the Jello sugar free pudding tonight for desert instead of the Butterfingers."

Then the same night I'll think "what the heck, just this one time is no big deal." Problem is I have those "just one time" moments on a nightly basis.

You can't beat yourself up over it. Dieting is really hard & if you don't cheat once in a while you'll end up giving up entirely. You have to have something to look forward to, otherwise you kind of set yourself up for failure.

I was having a lot of sugar cravings until I added in more protein to each meal. My theory is that my body was going crazy looking for what it needed (I was always hungry too). Since I have added the protein, I am naturally eating less, too. I feel like I have found the secret!
Hope this helps.
rilbe4

I agree with the protein thing too. The last time I had a craving was probably 3 weeks ago when I had 1 chocolate covered pretzel. However I do allow myself my red wine on the weekend. That's MY cheat but everything else is clean clean. Pick yourself up and get right back on track. You do have to allow yourself something because you'll feel deprived.

Hmmm that's interesting b/c protein is the staple in my diet, being that I do Atkins. But the 3 high protein meals I eat each day have done nothing for my sugar cravings.

I'm gonna blame it on genetics like everything else. :+

Unfortunetly, it happens to me all the time!!! I can't seem to control myself. I'll do great for a couple of days or a whole week then bam blow it badly!! I even have notes around the house saying things like NO SUGAR. Just keep trying! You are not alone!!
JEn

I am finding that when I eat three meals a day with no snacks, I can keep myself in better contol. I know that you are supposed to have small meals and snack to keep the blood sugar stable, but I just can't do it. I have three meals a day and stop eating at 7 p.m. (That is not to say I don't have chocolate with every meal.) I give myself treats at the specified meal time and find I am eating less junk. If I do the no sugar thing I become a binge machine.
I wish you luck and know that you are not alone in this.

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.