Season change = makeup change?

pixie9

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I wanted to share a recent discovery with you all - and I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience.
Around last October I noticed that my makeup (a mineral makeup) was starting to looked cakey and dry. It was also emphasizing the lines on my face. So I switched to a cream stick and a cream blusher with some mineral veil on top. No problem.
Except recently I noticed that my makeup was starting to look gloppy and somehow 'painted' on or something. Not good. So I switched back to the mineral makeup and it looks just as fresh as when I started using it the first time (a few summers ago). So now I'm wondering if it's the change in weather. I suppose it makes sense that you would need to change the type of makeup you use when the weather changes but I've never thought of that before. Is this like common knowledge or something? :)

Carolyn

>>So now I'm wondering if it's the change in weather. I suppose
>it makes sense that you would need to change the type of
>makeup you use when the weather changes but I've never thought
>of that before. Is this like common knowledge or something?

If it is, I wasn't privy to it! (But I'm no make-up maven, so I wouldn't be!).

It does make sense, though, since our skin is drier in winter (with indoor heating and dry air). I use the same mineral makeup year-round, but I moisturize differently in the winter.

> I use the same mineral
>makeup year-round, but I moisturize differently in the
>winter.

Me too. I have to moisturize much more heavily in the winter because my skin gets so dry in the winter, and in the summer, it's quite oily.

It could be a combination of both. Your face might have needed a change too. I notice that with lotions if I use the same brand for long periods of time don't work as well.

Yeah, up until about 5 years ago I'd change makeup when the weather became more humid, AKA less dry. Stopped using powders & started using more liquids.

Now my skin always looks like the Sahara so I don't use any powders at all. I really wish I could use mineral makeup but it seems like it all comes in powder form. Oh well. x(

I can't use the mineral makeup at all, Its very drying on my skin and it seems to make my face break out in tiny pimples! Any one else found this? Plus it doesn't really "cover"

Andrea

I love the mineral makeup. I actually have a ton of unopened "regular" makeup that I kept saying "I'll use this when I'm out of BareMinerals" but that never happens. I have oily/combination skin year round. I get good, natural coverage from it.

I change my lotion with the seasons. winter I can use face lotion, summer I don't use near as much if not none at all. if I do I break out, and I've tried tons of them. I use mineral make up too and love it! it works great for me. even on days I don't feel like wearing makeup I'll throw just the foundation&veil on to smooth my complection and I feel like I'm wearing nothing but look better. If I have a pimple or something I use the smaller concealer brush made for that. It works great.

I absolutely change with the seasons. My skin gets rather dry in the winter months - I use a heavier night cream, and extra hydrating cream/gel and I use liquid foundation. Come the summer months, I switch to lighter versions of the moisturizers and I switch to mineral makeup (Everyday Minerals). I get great results from doing so. I prefer a sheer look, so even in winter, I blend my liquid foundation with my daytime moisturizer so it doesn't look too heavy. I love the mineral makeup. Very natural look. I save the "makeup" look for going out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.