Scratching the Fitness Itch

Aaroneet

Cathlete
I've been suffering from a flare up of Crohn's Disease since August and just had a right hemicolectomy on Monday. So I'm out of commission as far as exercise goes, other than the typical walking the doctors make you do after surgery. As much pain as I'm in, I'm already missing exercise terribly. This may sound like a strange question, but what do I do to satisfy my urge to exercise without completely exercising? And when I'm ready, what's a decent starter rotation? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sorry you've had problems with your Crohn's! My stepbrother has it, but it has been under control for years.

Before doing anything exercise related, I'd make sure it's okay with your docs! I would think that anything that doesn't aggravate your incision(s) would be okay with your docs. If you could do seated bicep, shoulder and tricep work (very light weights), maybe that would be enough to keep you toned in your arms until you are completely recovered! The walking should be good, too!

Again, though (as if you don't know this already), make sure your docs say it's okay!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.