Say something to get me going again!!! :)

in2aerobics

I thought I did pretty well at Easter....and I worked out Monday and Tuesday afterward, but skippeed ther rest of the week, lacking motivation, and I need to hear some words to get me going again, please someone help. I was going strong for 3 months. NOw, I feel real tired, I need motivation, or something. Thanks.;)

:) It is o.k. to go through a slump, we all do! But not lose sight of all you have achieved from working out! The picture of you looks like you have worked hard for your body. Remember how you feel after accomplishing a Cathe workout and all the benefits exercise brings!:D

GET YOU A$$ IN GEAR & GET SWEATY WOMAN! How's that for motivating?

Take time off if you need to. Your body may be trying to tell you to take a break.

I know I'm one of those all or nothing people. But if you were at it for three months, just keep remembering how good it made you feel, the progress you made, etc. and hopefully that helps. If not, one of the things I do, is basically put myself in robot mode and JUST DO IT a time or two til I really get back into it and don't have to think about it!!

Oh yeah, one request.......when I post asking the same thing you did, please remind me of these words!!! lol

Good luck to you!!

Kim

If you stop exercising, it's not like your body will go into a standstill. You'll lose any gains that you made in those 3 months. Try a new rotation, new music, just get outside and walk but do something. Sometimes you just have to do it. Good luck

Thanks, you guys, you all helped. OH, some real comedians in here I tell ya. I laughed right out loud at a couple of these replies. Thank you.
Deborah, ha,ha,ha, ha!
oh yeah, intensitylisa, the picture is not me, it's one of my fitness idols. I'm not bad, but definately not like that, ha,ha. Thanks though, that one picked me up. You guys are all sooo right! Hugs!

:D

Make it a happy re-entry by picking your absolute fave cardio and strength routines for the next week - forget about any other goal except getting back into the swing of working out.

A-jock

I think you have to listen carefully to what your body is telling you. You say your feeling very tired. Mine was screaming to me on Saturday (real achy) to please take the day off. And I did. Instead took a LOOONG soak in my bathtub w/candles lit all around. What a blessed relief that was!! Try just doing some yoga or tai chi or even just a soak in the bathtub w/a good book to read in bed after the soak. Give yourself a treat. Then of course after the treat do some BOOTCAMP and get that fanny in gear!!LOL HTH, Kathy:*

I have been regularly incorporating a day off after 2 or 3 workout days regularly.
I also decided not to do as much cardio so I could focus on strength and that helped as well.
I would say do something new and different. In my case I purchased the 4 dvd set of Lotte Berk workouts and am enjoying the different nature of them as compared to my more normal routines. I have decided, however, to incorporate them with Cathe workouts (of course). I like to have new music when I am bored in my workouts or I like to do an easier workout and work it really hard. Once I get going, the worst of the battle is over and I start feeling great. The next addition for me will probably be pilates but I do not know if I am going to last as I have tried it but felt it bored me even though I felt the difference in my abs/core! Also, I really have a great yoga cd which does relaxation and stretching in all the right areas and I do it often as an after workout bonus. Perhaps another approach is to take the workout outside and do a walk and/or jog for 30 minutes and enjoy nature or a smaller workout duration for a couple of weeks (30 minutes of something different every other day until you feel better).

I know I love in cardio kicks when cathe brings the guys up "I need a little MOTIVATION!".

Maybe you need a new routine. Listen to your body maybe you need a break!

Just tell yourself you'll do 10 mins of a tape and if you really want to stop then do - generally this works!

The weather is SOOOO nice now maybe you can shake it up with a walk/run!

Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.