saving dowloads

lala1

Cathlete
Each download is a big file, so when I download them they will take a ton of space on my computer. I can burn them as a data file onto a DVD and then play it from there, but what sense does that make? The whole download thing seems great to me, but I guess I am missing something here. SNM, can you explain?

Not SNM here, but the size of the download is the size of the file. So, depending on how many you download, add it up, and that will be how many Gb of space the downloads will take. Check your storage availability on your computer. Myself, my DH got me the entire library which is about 108 Gb, if I remember correctly. I only have about 60 Gb left on my computer, so I need to invest in an external drive to store all my workouts!

Hope that helps you! I'm sure SNM will chime in with some more info for you that will answer any other questions you may have.

Each download is a big file, so when I download them they will take a ton of space on my computer. I can burn them as a data file onto a DVD and then play it from there, but what sense does that make? The whole download thing seems great to me, but I guess I am missing something here. SNM, can you explain?

Our entire download collection currently takes up about 108 gigs. Though a few years ago this would have been too large of a file for most computers, today's computers quite often come with terabyte hard drives. Your current computer may not have enough hard disc space to handle all of our downloads, but your next one probably will. You can even buy iPods with 160 gig capacity nowadays and keep your entire Cathe collection on it. Other options include purchasing an additional internal or external hard drive for your computer or just purchasing what you think your computer can currently handle.

My first computer only had a 10 megabyte hard drive and that was plenty at the time. Today, I go through 10 megs in just a few seconds and the hard drives on my computer hold several terabytes. Five years from now 108 gigs will not even be considered a large file and I bet a small Nano will hold a Terabyte of information.

Video downloads are just starting to become a big business opportunity, but they will soon push the industry to develop larger and cheaper storage devices.

Eventually everyone will be using video downloads, but this will take time to happen. As with all new forms of technology you just have to decide when to jump aboard.

On your info about external hard drives, we've already been researching this and have found them to be quite inexpensive! That's the way I'm probably heading as I fill my current laptop hard drive. We've found one for around $100 which has more than enough space to handle all of my Cathe downloads and then some!

Hello, I'm running into the same issue. I have my downloads on an external hard drive. I can't fit all my videos on my hard drive that I would like on my iPad. If I only have 10-12 videos in the iTunes library, when I sync my iPad any extras I might have on my iPad get wiped out. Is the only solution to get a computer with more storage? My laptop is going on seven years old. Thank you in advance for your advice.

I just read on the download site that each video is one gig. So then a computer with 128 GB of storage would hold about 128 videos?

I found I had the same problem. Add in a few of my own workout blender creations and I was pushing the limits of my system. I decided to purchase storage space in Google Drive ( 1 TB is < $3/ mo I think). All my devices can access my drive so I can get to my Cathe videos from my computer, my phone, my Roku and my tablet. Its been working great for me and free'd up hard drive space. It did take a weekend to upload all the files. I just queued the upload and came back to check on it periodically.

I just purchased a download but haven't gotten an email with the link to open/download...Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not sure who to contact to resolve this...?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.