++++Saturday Preggos/TTC++++++

MSJ

Cathlete
Wow--I've never started a thread here way out on the west coast. Going to be a quiet day?

Good news on ds and his penis. The doctor confirmed that the circumcision was performed poorly, but that the issue with the little skin pockets will resolve itself by the time ds hits puberty. If there had been scar tissue, he would have had to have surgery, but unless we want surgery for cosmetic reasons, none is necessary. No way am I spending $1200 for the cosmetic appearance of a penis--he can look like a little sharpay and live with it. Honestly, I am feeling very relieved.

+++++
Kate--I've never measured my belly before--ds did it. It sticks out so much that in the shower, dd2 sits under it to avoid the direct stream of water. She can stay pretty dry this way.

Susan--I guess you are on your trip, sooo see ya when you get back.

Stephanie--enjoy your tax free weekend--Oregon has no sales tax (but they find other ways of collecting, believe me :( ), so I don't know what it's like to pay one. And the fair sounds so fun--I'd love to go because of good childhood memories, it just seems that we never get there. I hope you have a good time.

Jenm--it's amazing how winded we get while pregnant. I never stopped working out during the first trimester and started getting winded and losing cardio capacity right away. The doctors tell me it's the increased blood volume. Right now, just climbing the stairs makes me gasp and pant :eek:

Candra--sorry about Owen. Ouch! I love dermabond--stitches always sort of freak me out. And I sympathize with the "everything becomes their favorite toy". I do a lot of getting rid of things while they are gone (this does not work when they are older, only when they are).

Kristan--Enjoy your tax free weekend also--is it a nation-wide reprieve? because you and Stephanie live in different states I'm pretty sure. Your workouts look good.

Hi everyone else--I'll try to check in later!

Maggie :)
37 weeks 5 days

Maggie, I'm gald his penis is okay! Poor kid! LOL on your umbrella belly! Someone told me at the farmers market today I looked "very low" and ready to deliver. Nope, more than 2 months to go, thank you! Tax-free is not nation-wide, unfortunately! I just blew $200 at Target this morning! Yikes!

Productive day so far. Hoping for more of the same this afternoon.
Hope everyone is having a good day!

Good morning girls!

Maggie, I am glad your son is ok and doesn't need surgery.

Kate, I am going to be dropping some $ at Target today too!

I am getting a lot done with the boys gone. I did my elliptical this morning. Now I am off to Target. I think I might go and register for my baby shower too:)

Check back later
Candra

good afternoon everyone! where does the day go..i wish work would go by this fast

this morning i got up and did Tracey Staehle's Cardio Sweatfest - its an hour of pure sweaty step and its a fun workout. i havent done it in a while. then i did bonus stability ball abs from butts and gutts.

after that i went BACk to target and returned $40 worth of purchases i got - mostly t's and a pair of capri wokrout pants. i was trying it on at home last nite and tehy looked silly when you put workout sneakers with them. they look better barefoot. so i tried my sports authority and got long pants instead and a white/bright green nike tank, both on cleareance, a pink nike cotton tank and a black nike tank with white trim. im hoping these will look a little better since they are a little better quality. i still kept a t from target along with two black capris and long black yoga pants. I have four workout outfits total. I spent about $180 on workout gear. Whatever i DONT wear at the RT im returning. I really shouldnt be spending as much as i did. But maybe it will make the workout nicer and more comfy

Its hot as heck here in florida today. DH is washing his cruiser and i just brought him out some lemonade with crushed ice. Its blazin! He's working today and im not so its anotehr quiet evening at home with the dogs. I might doa lower body workout later but i DOUBT it. I always ave good intentions but end up lounging around. At least this weekend has been good workout wise..eating, wise um...not so much!

Maggie glad to hear your son is ok. that sure is a lot of money to spend on cosmetic surgery. Then again, anything medical is pricey :( As im finding out during this pregnancy!

That is funny that dd can use your belly as an umbrella. i'm 11 weeks and you cant even tell i'm pregnant. but im sure i'll show soon.

when did you guys all start to show?

Hpoe everyone has a great day!

Candra, Glad you're getting a lot done. I just had a super long nap, so I'm not being as productive as I should be. The rest of the day WILL be though! Have fun at Target! I'm so jealous you get a baby shower! I want one for this baby too!!!

Jen, Great WO! I'm jealous of your ab WO! I can't wait to do that again! Cute new clothes! I started showing around wk. 13 maybe??? Memory fades quickly.... I wore cute preggo t-shirts from 2chix.com and did the rubberband thing for a couple weeks btu they way my body is structured I was in full-out maternity pretty quickly. I refuse to be uncomfortable.

Better get busy..bbl.

Good job kate! ^5's :) Drill Max is a toughie. I'm thinking of doing a second workout tonite - lower body...but then again its nice sitting around. Oh..the house needs a vacuuming and a dusting...bad...so mabe i should do that. blech..

Hi,
I have been MIA recently due to jam-packed days (sorry). Wed was a big Hershey Park day with family. Then, Thurs I recovered. Yesterday, we (DH, DS-without nap and I) met some of my girlfriends from hschool and their families at Hershey for the day. It was fun, but very hot and very exhausting! We came home around 9:30p.m., and I passed out. I just laid around today. I have to start getting ready for a nice dinner out with friends from work.

Maggie-I am glad your son is alright. I wouldn't pay for that either. I feel so winded recently too. I felt like an old lady at the park yesterday. I sought out every bench and sat when I could. I can't see my feet anymore in the shower. And, when I tried on a pair of maternity pants that I wore in the spring time (for school), I couldn't get them all the way up my thigh!

So...I joined the rest of you Target shoppers today and bought some capris and a shirt for school. I don't want to have to buy new stuff just for one month of school, but I've searched ebay and consignment shops, and can't find anything that I like/in my size. I can't wear "crop tops" and skin tight pants to teach (that's what most of my maternity stuff looks like).

Candra, Kate and Jen, hope your Target trip was as successful as mine!

Hello Mikkia, Trish, Lisa, Melanie, Kristan, Morris, Susan and Stephanie.

I am off to get ready!
-Jen

Hi all
Sorry i've been MIA but with in laws here and all...
I am super tired today and took a nap for the first time in over a week(had been almost daily before that!)
Lets see, i worked out everyday this week, but I took today off. I did hardcore extreme yesterday, and that kicked my tail.
I tried to touch up paint my son's room today, I took those guys the top of the can with the paint "recipe' on it and all, and guess what, it didn't match, after I touched up 30 spots. so I now have to somehow find time to paint his room, again.
Jen-so glad you are back, sounds like you have been a good busy! dinner with friends sounds so nice!
maggie-sorry about your sons problems. we had an issue with my sons circum. too. It did finally turn out okay. Where are you on the west coast?
any braxton-hicks?
Candra-enjoy your weekend. I love target too, I need to go soon. we have tax free weekend here in texas, but not for another week.
Kate-it is way to easy to spend money at Target. I just found out that my friends are giving me a shower, but want to wait until next month because they want to know if it is a girl or boy. I am so excited. drill max, that is so impressive. That is one of my favorites, it just flows!
Jenm-11 weeks and not showing is pretty darn good. I am almost 15 and things are starting to get a little tight around the waist. I am hoping to make another 2 weeks before making the move to maternity. Then I won't have to by too much hot weather stuff. though in south Texas summer could go on until October. I agree with Maggie about the lost aerobic capasity. Some of it is due to the lower hemoglobin, you aren't carrying as much oxygen to your tissues and little baby is always getting first dibbs. Pregnancy is so fun sometimes.
Well, mil is chasing children and I hear crying so I better go see...:confused:

JenM - I HATE cleaning. I saved my marriage and hired a cleaning lady. We love her!

JenP - HersheyMax! WOW! Sounds like so much fun! Have a fun dinner tonight too! When is your due date? And I can totally sympathize - My feet have disappeared too.

Actually ladies - help me out on this one. Not only can I not see my feet - I can't keep myself "groomed" anymore. I cannot see my pubic hair to save my life! And I am NOT taking the scissors to an area I can't see! (I actually did cut myself with the scissors right before I got pg. It hurt SO. Freaking. Bad.) I can still blind-shave the edges (bikini-line) but the hair length is growing and I am totally grossed out. I like it short and it sure isn't that anymore! I'm thinking about going for a pro job for down there. What are you gals doing. I tried using a mirror but that doesn't work very well and I really don't want Mike to have to do it. A brazillian or something just seems so quick and efficient (and long-lasting!) but I have never done it before and I think I would be mortified! Any thoughts?

Mikkia, Busy days for you! Good job on the workouts! Sorry about the paint not matching. I hire out paint. I absolutely detest doing it. I hope you get good stuff at your shower! When is your u/s? Are you getting so excited to find out?

phew..i vacuumed, dusted and cleaned all the walls (from dog boogers and dirt the dogs put on there). That last chore wore me out!!! Im all tired . I ate a bag of steamed veggies just now - white beans, spinach and yellow carrots. some new mix that came out. sounds weird but it was pretty tasty. i'll have to eat more later. I sitll havent done a lower body workout.

welcome back from hershey, sounds like you have been busy!

sorry, no help on the pubes area. i dont have a big belly yet but hoepfully someone can chime in!

Jen, Ugh, dog junk on the wall. That is almost a daily thing over here. Mufasa is a such a slobber-face! Good for you on healthy eating! Get your protein too!

sadly this is the first time i cleaned the walls since we got the dogs a few months ago :( Shhh...i just put stuff off and thats not good. It was a lot of work. What stinks is i KNOW they will do it again right away. Theyve been in their crates the past couple hours so i can clean I should probably let them out.

Sure..my eating sounds healthy but earlier after my workout i had my omelete with spinach , tomatos and cheese on an english muffin. after shopping i had half a girlled cheese tomato sandwich with LOTS of cheese :( im craving that cheese melted lately! and some pumpkin mousse i made and a pumpkin latte. Later on i had the above mentioned veggies and now im having a spinach salad with tomatos, dark red kidney beans, cukes, and artichokes with some olive oil and red wine vinegar. I eat sooo much when im home alone or bored..lately ive been liking kraft singles cheese, as mentioned above and mayo. i used to use miracle whip but mayo is tastier. its light but still..not so healthy. i used it in tuna yesterday and on my grilled cheeses...

i guess is hould try on my new workout gear with sneakers and see how dorky i look. then maybe i should pack..but i sort of know that isnt going to happen..i need to start my soup too. otherwise ill spend all day cooking tomorrow!

Hi ladies! Just have a moment to post before I have to get back to work. It's been a crazy 2 weeks and the kids went back to school this week also. DS' birthday is tomorrow and we still have to get his present - yikes!

Maggie - Still hanging around I see. Sorry the timing didn't work out they way you'd like, but I hope it still all works out in the end for you anyway.

Kate - I saw you in the pics of the RT. You look fabulous!! You're tall! Okay, well I'm short like Cathe and wish I was taller, but at least my kids have hope since DH is 6'6". As far as the "grooming" issue, I've been blind shaving. Don't ask me how well it's doing, but I haven't cut myself so I figure that's good enough for me right now. I'm afraid to get a brazilian. I heard they can really hurt and some even suggest taking tylenol/ibuprofen before the procedure. I can't imagine.

Mikkia - I love taking naps. Wish I could do it more. How long are the in-laws in town?

Jen - Sounds like you've had a busy week as well. Glad you had a nice time at the park.

Jen2 - Mmmm..pumpkin mousse....

Candra - What did you end up registering for?

Hi everyone else!! I really, really want to nap, but I have to get some work done. I walked 5 days this week - all on hills for 45min-1hr. I hope to get some weights in tonight. Went to the dr. on Thurs. and I'm at 20lbs weight gain. I'll be 27 weeks in a couple days. Dr. said everything looks good so let's just hope I pass my glucose test! I find out on Monday. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!

Lisa

Hi. Today I did a short swim with my old-lady kickboard and did Timesaver #5, which is mostly form L+G.

Mikki- it stays hot here through most of October (at least it seems like it). A bunch of college friends and I are going to Mizzou (U. of MIssouri) for a football game in September and I am planning shorts/tee shirt (and a baby sling because Mimi will be too young to leave- since I'll still be nursing round the clock, my friends are delighted to have a sober driver).

Kate- no help; I am like Lisa and did the blind shave. I used my husband's shower mirror for guidance. I came real close to asking for his help but didn't want to scare hip with my scary varicose veins.

jen2- i started 'showing' at about 17-20 weeks- lots of jeans with rubberbands, etc. I have a very long torso so it takes a while for me to pop.

Target damage last night -- $475. OUCH! That included some gifts for graduating high schoolers and a new scooter for A's birthday.

Jen, OUr walls in our main living areas are BRIGHT yellow or I wouldn't have to clean up the slobber so often, but they show EVERYTHING. Re the mayo - I don't like it. Never have, thank goodness! No ketchup or mustard either. I'm very plain and boring! And I AM SURE you don't look dorky!! I bet you'll look super cute in all those new duds!

Lisa, Good job on the walking! I had hoped for a walk tonight but I practiced some hypnobirthing instead. Your weight gain is great! You should be proud of yourself! Back to school?! We still havea month - hopefully a nice, long month! Thanks for the compliment! I don't feel very fabulous though! I'm 5'6". I felt like a GIANT at RT. A whole head taller than Cathe and the crew and twice as wide too!! LOL! Regarding the shaving - do you shave the whole thing off or just the bikini line? Maybe I could cut as much of the length off as possible then just keep up with regular shavings til the baby comes? I'd be scared to though! ITA on the Brazillian - part of me wants to but a bigger part of me would die of embarrassment, pain, or both! LOL! Happy Bday to your son!

Kristan, LOL on scaring your DH! I'm so srry you had to deal with the veins. Mercifully, I have never had that! YOWCH on the Target bill!

Last edited:
hi kate - the walls in our house are white - everywhere! so everything shows up!! We moved in november to a preconsturction home and it is all white. i couldnt see paying extra thousands to have someone paint it. At least not the people working for the builder. One day we will paint it...but not anytime soon. I hate it, so much work! And i wouldnt know how to pick colors. Our house is so open

I havent tried on the new duds yet. ive beenc hatting online and making my lentil soup and just being a bum. No second workout today, just as i predicted!

I got waxed once, for my wedding. it was bikini not brazlian. that hurt like mad!! Go you, you are brave if you do that

Kate, I am also 5'6 so i guess i will be feeling like a giant as well. Im not petite by any means. Ive been reading that everyone in cathe's crew is super short.

Yikes on that Target bill. ANd i thought i spent a lot this weekend!! Thanks for making me feel better. LOL just kidding :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.